cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Woo Hoo!! Capital One Executive Office CLI Success!!

tag

Woo Hoo!! Capital One Executive Office CLI Success!!

Great way to start out 2013!

I called on January 1st to see if I could do anything about those pesky annual fees and to raise my pathetic CLs. The man in customer service was a complete space cadet who told me the best thing to do would be apply for a new card to see if I could get one with no annual fee and a higher limit .. (whhhhat?) That call ended without him being able to give me any "offers" or actual support.

Last week on Thursday, I sent a strongly worded email to a whole bunch of email addresses I found on google for CapOne execs. After about 3 hours I received a call from an agent at the Exec Office! We talked about what the problem was and he let me know he would look into what he could do. He asked me what I'd like my new CLs to be and I suggested bringing the $1,750 to 5K and the $750 to 2K. I got nervous under pressure and didn't want to push it! He asked if I would be ok with partial increases, and I let him know I would be.

He confirmed my income and asked a few questions about if I rented/owned and how much I paid in rent monthly. He let me know he'd have an update in 24-48 hours.

Nothing new on Friday or over the weekend... I logged into the CapOne website today and BAM. Both accounts updated to the requested amounts, and both are now rewards cards. I'm sure I'll get some additional info in the mail, but wow Exec Office actually works!

Granted its waaaaay too much to have to do in order to get a CLI, but thanks so much to myFico for helping in this!

Starting Score: 8/2009 - 542
Current Score: 1/2013 - TU 702 / EQ 692/ EX 692
Goal Score: All above 700
Wallet: Discover IT - $8,800 | Amex PRG - NPSL | Capital One Platinum Mastercard - $5,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards Mastercard - $2,000 | Citi Thank You Preferred Visa - $3,000 | USAirways Mastercard - $5,000
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Woo Hoo!! Capital One Executive Office CLI Success!!

Congrats! 

Question from Cap1 secured if I may Smiley Happy

Were those Cap1 cards secured or regular cc? (**edited** - just saw your siggy, my bad Smiley Happy)

Any words and wisdom - much appreciated, thank you!

Message 2 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! I'm sorry it was such a hassle, but glad that it worked out for you.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 3 of 10
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats, glad you got the increases!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 10
noel194

can you send me the email address please?

Message 5 of 10
jb1095
Valued Member

Can you message me those email addresses as well please?

Message 6 of 10
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Thats awesome OP.  Congrats!!! Smiley Happy

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 7 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Congrats!!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 10
Tilak
New Visitor

Hi ,

I thought initially when i read the post it is just a hoax but i went ahead and sent an email to the email address. I got a call on friday morning from executive office and she asked me what my concern was. I told them that with 750 limit i am not able to make big purchases and i need a CLI. they asked for my salary, rent and asked me increase i am looking for. They told me it is a soft pull. So i asked for 5k and she said if it is not approved they will counter offer...but to my surprise i checked my balance and it is 5K.......

I suggest everyone try this.. it seems they are not going to increase through conventional process.

Regards and good luch with your increase....

Message 9 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.