Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow BOA....wow

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Wow BOA....wow

BOA : Welcome to Bank of America! My name is xxxx. I am here to help you with your personal Credit Card Accounts.   May I know your complete name as it appears on the Credit Card or Statement?
You: n777ua
BOA : Hi, n777ua
BOA : How may I assist you with your personal Credit Card?
You: Is it possible to move $3k in credit from my Virgin Atlantic card ending in xxxx to my BankAmericard ending in xxxx ?
BOA : I understand that you wish to know about the balance transfer.
BOA : Let me check your account details and guide you accordingly.
BOA : To begin with, may I have the last four digits of the card please?  
You: Its not a balance transfer, I'd like to transfer available credit from one card to another
BOA : Balance transfer would mean if you have 2 Credit Card accounts. One with Bank Of America and another with another financial institution and if you make a transfer between those 2 Credit Card accounts, it will be considered as balance transfer.
You: I think I'll call in another time, thank you
About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
lolabeth
Established Member

Re: Wow BOA....wow

Sigh.

Message 2 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds like you got Peggy from Discover working for BofA... lol

Message 3 of 21
RyVision
Valued Contributor

I don't try to warn others away from the BOA because I like hearing myself type   Smiley Wink

They are pretty much becoming "The Peggy" of the banking industry, and too big to jail  Smiley Indifferent

For anyone thinking of getting in with them, they're on track to only get worse.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 21
Rackham94
Established Contributor

Can someone link or PM me the Peggy from Discover 

joke?

Message 5 of 21
n777ua
Established Contributor

@Rackham94 wrote:

Can someone link or PM me the Peggy from Discover 

joke?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8L2cI8brzQ

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 6 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

It's bout the same thing with regular Citi CSRs.....

I called Citi Applications Status and talked to a lady about my TYP approval. I was curious as to what kind of Mastercard was I approved for........whether it's a world elite or world or platinum mastercard.

Her response was "It's a regular mastercard, not a visa, not American express. Just regular mastercard."

Needless to say I gave up.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 21
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

When I first read your transcript I thought you meant balance transfer to on your initial request.  Apparently CSR's aren't the only ones Cat Tongue

        
Message 8 of 21
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

In their defence, they most likely aren't trained in credit limit reallocation. Most customers wouldn't even think that such a thing would be possible to do. Moving credit limit with Bank of America will require a hard credit inquiry, so I would just request a credit limit increase on the card and if denied, then ask for reallocation.

@enharu wrote:

It's bout the same thing with regular Citi CSRs.....

I called Citi Applications Status and talked to a lady about my TYP approval. I was curious as to what kind of Mastercard was I approved for........whether it's a world elite or world or platinum mastercard.

Her response was "It's a regular mastercard, not a visa, not American express. Just regular mastercard."

Needless to say I gave up.

This is probably also not something they are trained in, since most customers would not ask about such a thing.

Message 9 of 21
Lambo23
Frequent Contributor

Lol that was funny.
Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.