Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wow BOA....wow

tag
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Wow BOA....wow

BofA will HP too move credit to another CC. I know this first hand!
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 11 of 21
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@enharu

What type did it wind up being?  Just a world.

Message 12 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

I talked to EO Office and asked them what it was going to be.

He said he'll check, and sent out a World Elite MC. I got the World MC card first, which was sent out before I talked to the EO Office, then I received the World Elite card about 2-3 days after the 1st one arrived.

Sometimes I don't think its the failings of the CSR.

It seems to be a problem with their systems itself.

A lot of problems / questions can easily be resolved if the system would just display details about the customer's account. A CSR shouldn't have to guess or dig or ask his/her supervisors about what card I got or details about my account. The system should have just shown it and all she needed to do was to tell me what's on her screen. Some other times the CSR is completely unable to help due to restrictions placed for someone of his/her job level, thereby requiring a supervisor and wasting more time during the process. 

The other half of the problem is the training of the CSRs. Some CSRs are just clueless as to how the system works and what their exact responsibilities are. 

I don't get why I need to talk to 3-4 different people on average to get a simple problem resolved for Citi (trying to get my CC linked to my checking for example), whereas a simple phone call conversation with just 1 person at Chase can fix a similar problem in under 2minutes.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 21
n777ua
Established Contributor

@jsickz32 wrote:
BofA will HP too move credit to another CC. I know this first hand!

So I finally got around to calling about this today, and you are right, they always HP to move credit.  I cancelled the request.  

Anyone know why this would be ? Its zero sum for them, they're not giving me a dime more credit, just shifting it around.  I've done this several times with Amex and Chase (in fact Amex lets you do it from their web site).  Just find it a little odd.......

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 14 of 21
oracles
Valued Contributor

I have to say, that was hilarious lol

Message 15 of 21
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

I used to have a CC with BoA, actually it was with SeaFirst which was part of BoA but they wouldn't change the name.  They did a research study and found out that if they changed the name then there would be a high abandonment rate, probably due to the number of people who had a bad image of BoA or their past experience with BoA.  I must tell you I don't blame them.  At the time SeaFirst had internet banking, not online banking, and the program was only written for a PC and I owned a Mac.  So I asked if I could open an account with BoA direct to take advantage of online banking.  They said yeah no problem and opened me an account.  The account never actually worked, even after they fixed it.  I finally gave up and simply closed the account when it still didn't work and they had even fixed it twice with no good results.

Some years later after Nations Bank bought BoA they decided to change the name and merge the accounts.  My credit card became less useful and harder to pay.  My checking account which was supposed to be able to be used at any BoA was a pain in the rear.  I had moved at one point to Florida and every time I would go to the bank to make a deposit they would tell me I was at the wrong bank.  Each time I had to spend at least 5 minutes telling them I was not and explaining to them what they needed to do.  Sometimes I would even then still be told I was at the wrong bank.  It got to a point where after too much time of explaining I would simply have to flat out tell them to try it and to please quit talking.  When they first had it set up so that customers could do it at ATM's , they lost my deposit for a while.  (I was actually the first person to do the transaction.)  Then when they started allowing BoA CC holders to pay at branches too I, oh nevermind I guess you can figure that out too!  (I was actually the first person to do this function too.  They lost two payments!)

Yeah, so I spoke with them about their site preapproval recently and what process was used for doing it.  They said it was simple, they matched you with a product which would fit your needs.  I asked them how that was done, was it partially done based on your credit report.  No, they said they don't pull a credit report.  I then said how is a preapproval then?  Because we match you with a card based on your needs.  How is that an preapproval, I asked?  Because we match you with a card based on your needs.  How is matching a card with my needs an approval process?  Because it matches a card with your needs.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 16 of 21
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

lmao it was funny, Its incredible how they get the job.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 17 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

Sounds like you got Peggy from Discover working for BofA... lol

Smiley Very Happy

I miss Peggy!!!!!!!!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Not to be mean or condescending, but most basic CSR jobs are just minimum wage or slightly above minimum wage jobs.

Some don't even require a high school cert.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Not to be mean or condescending, but most basic CSR jobs are just minimum wage or slightly above minimum wage jobs.

Some don't even require a high school cert.

Yea I don't expect much from them on a complicated situation I just go right with the supervisor.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.