Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase freedom recon success!!!

tag
jwpezd
Regular Contributor

chase freedom recon success!!!

Just got off the phone with chase talked to an awesome gentleman in the back door line.  he asked questions about my lates back in 2010 explained the issue at hand also verified all my recent inquiries and why i am applying for so many cards.  After about 15 minutes on the phone they came back with an approval of 1000.....  I am a little bummed about the credit line hopefully i can get a cli in six months.  any advice on getting cli?  I am new to this board i have been working on closing my mortgage over in that board that is done and since then i have added four new cards to my profile.

Chase Freedom-(1000) BOA 123-(2000) Home Depot-(4000)
Discover IT-(1000) Lowes GE-(1500) Orchard Bank-(300)
Regions Student Visa-(500) Best Buy Reward Zone-(500)
In the garden till 4/01/2015
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: chase freedom recon success!!!

Congrats on your recon! Chase usually does auto CLI after 6 mos -usage, util seems to be the key. YMMV
Message 2 of 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@jwpezd wrote:

Just got off the phone with chase talked to an awesome gentleman in the back door line.  he asked questions about my lates back in 2010 explained the issue at hand also verified all my recent inquiries and why i am applying for so many cards.  After about 15 minutes on the phone they came back with an approval of 1000.....  I am a little bummed about the credit line hopefully i can get a cli in six months.  any advice on getting cli?  I am new to this board i have been working on closing my mortgage over in that board that is done and since then i have added four new cards to my profile.

I, too, got approved on recon. They gave me 2k. When I got the card, I call to activate and RECON my CL again. They ask what for, I said I want to use it as my main card and maybe take an the 0% transfer offer. She said okay and came back with 3.2k CL

After 5 months, I didn't do transfer and use it 1k per month about and PIF before statement cut, I got auto cli. It is now at 4.2k CL

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 3 of 6
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I was approved for the Freedom on recon. I also got $1K. I'm hoping for a CLI in 6-9 months.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 6
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Recon the CL when you call to activate the card.  Use it heavily and PIF while keeping your balances low on your other cards for the best chance of auto CLI in six months.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.