Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chase instant approval but...UPDATE

tag
MrShush
Valued Contributor

chase instant approval but...UPDATE

Applied for Marriott signature and instant approved on the interwebs, but I call for limit I get a 2 week decision message...what gives?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
crazysxycool
Regular Contributor

Re: chase instant approval but..

@MrShush wrote:
Apllied for Marriott signature and instant approved on the interwebs, but I call for limit I get a 2 week decision message... what gives?

If you currently have a Chase account, log in and it should appear right below your other account.  That's how it happened with me.

Starting Score: TU: 663 EQ: 632 EX: ?
Current Score: TU: 721 (12/02/12) EQ: 704 (12/2012 via SW) EX: 712 (11/19/12 via Amex)
Goal Score: 700 (ALL)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 26
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The time needed seems to vary a bit with Chase. When I applied for my United card, I got my CL via the automated system about 24 hours after my instant approval. My Ritz CL took a week to be available after another instant approval. I'd suggest checking once a day until the message changes. The 2 week response is standard until your CL is available. I got the same thing until it changed over.
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 3 of 26
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

I just applied for a Sapphire Preferred and got the "needs further review" screen. I called the automated line to check application status about 30 minutes later and found out I was approved and the message gave me credit limit as well. I pressed "0" and spoke with someone who confirmed approval and limit. 

Try calling the automated line at 800-436-7927, follow prompts for new application. 

Good luck!

Message 4 of 26
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Hey MrShush!

I've read on another thread that Chase does the recommendation for approval and cl to co-branded partner then ultimately partner approves limit.  Thus the delay in CL.  I don't know if this is true but food for thought.  I read this about both Ritz and Marriott.  Wish I could confirm.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 5 of 26
mpswirl
Valued Member

i would call the back door number......i appd for a chase sapphire preferred and was given the under review message, i called and was initially denied because of a $27 medical collection i didnt know about that i paid. Got approved after explaining.

ex 669 tu 689 eq 658
these scores are a few months old
goal 700 club
Message 6 of 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info all!

I've checked my accounts with Chase and no sign of anything new and I called earlier and same message. If it is indeed true that there is lag for whatever reason with the co-branded offerings, that makes me feel a little better. I really only applied for the bonus offer--up to 7 free nights after 1K spend in 90 days.

I do currently have 3 Chase cards: Freedom Sig., Slate, and JP Morgan Select.

Message 7 of 26
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Don't worry! It'll come soon enough Smiley Happy when I applied for CS it took 5 whole (long) days for me to receive an approval notice! No baddies or negs on my report, but they did pull experian which had 2 recent inqs and 4 total in 2 years. Also had a Freedom for a little less than a year w/ $7000 CL, instant approval. FINALLY saw it pop up on my Chase account the morning of the 5th day with a CL of $10000!

Guess they do a lot of manual reviews for whatever reason! Oh wells!

Message 8 of 26
MrShush
Valued Contributor

MRe: chase instant approval but..

Manual reviews make me sad.

I was thrilled to see the 'Congratulations, your application has been instantly approved!' message, but now I'm bummed.

Message 9 of 26
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: MRe: chase instant approval but..

That is really weird. I'm curious, keep us posted!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.