Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfcu cli

tag
dbslove
Contributor

nfcu cli

Ive had my card for about 10months and im wanting to know from previous experience has there been suuccess with a soft pull if you have a fraud alert on your cbr? Also myfico says my score is 686 what are your thoughts on a cli amount from 5k ? Thanks well in advance!
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: nfcu cli

YMMV with this.

Some say SP. Some say HP for the first one then SP after.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 14
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Yea it is totally YMMV with them.  I've read one guy getting like 5 CLI's in a row that were all sp's.  And in a row I mean like within days.  Me...it has always been an hp.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 3 of 14
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Not sure if this info helps or not.  They seem to do reviews and give auto CLIs after 12 months from what I've read and experienced.  Got auto CLIs on both cards at 13 months of good history across the board.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 14
dbslove
Contributor

Thanks for all the great info. I greatly appreciate you all

Message 5 of 14
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I and many others have gotten increases after only a few months. Also, there's no predicting a sp. If you do the cli request online and are instantly approved, its a sp. If you get any message that its pending or being reviewed, its a hp. I personally would say you have a good chance of getting what you request. Maybe $10k. But I'm not an expert Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

several of us have gotten CLI's lately from them some have been HP's but I think most have been SP's. It seems that if the decision is instant then it will be a SP, but if you get a 3-5 message it will be a HP.

I got my card in Dec. and requested a CLI last month and it was instant with no HP. Like mentioned YMMV.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 14
dbslove
Contributor

Is it better to call ir go online ? If call should I wait till tomorrow, since I have a fraud alert on my cbr?

Message 8 of 14
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

if you call your chances of getting a HP become higher b/c they may just run your credit....but if you do it online and its instant then it's only a SP.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 9 of 14
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would do it online... My partner and I recently (he) got CLI on his account (I'm AU)

Online it gave an error to call and I should have known.

Rep said NFCU NEVER SP CLI which we all know to be untrue if computer done, reps at least are consistentant for me that it's ALWAYS HP.

Anyway she said no error submitted... OOPS, that doesn't sound instant! lol

In the end it took 2 days and it was approved $25k to $35k.  Have not seen a letter, but I would assume it was a HP!  Also we have had no Auto increases.

But from what others have posted if you do it online, you should get an instant approval and that means you should have asked for more!

you get a counter, and that means you are at your new limit that they countered on a SP

you get a 7-10 day, you are getting HP and I don't believe that is based on you asking for to much....

Do it online and if you get the error I would say don't call and do it on phone like we did and I think you have a HIGH chance of a SP result.

I would also probably ask for $15-$20k personally if you have been using the $5 well and score up a  lot.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.