Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wow, what a reply from chase!

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

wow, what a reply from chase!

was bored last night and said what the heck, I sent chase an SM and asked if I can get a CLI without a HP, told them that my chase freedom is my lowest line.

just got a reply back and this is what it said: I can get a CLI for up to $7100 without them needing to obtain my history from a CRA

if I ask for more then that then they will!

now a few things, my boa is my higest line with $11.6k chase is at $4600 - $4600+$7100= $11,700 in other words they want to be my hightest line!

I just got a cli from boa going from $5k to $11.6 a few weeks ago, so I guess higher CL's do beget higher CL's.

also, I was wanting to app for the CSP in a few months soley for the sign up bonus since we will be going up to NYC a few times next year, do you think the CLI will have an impact on me getting the CSP? also, have you heard of chase offering this high of an CLI without a HP? im just hoping its not some CSR that does not know what he/she is talking about which I find out alot of times is true.

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: wow, what a reply from chase!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 40
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Save the message (off Chase's) website and go for it.

I'm on a mind that it's like someone posted last week. A CSR can tell if your card has offers without doing a HP.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 40
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 40
GOldfishes
Contributor

Gave it a try on my Freedom..

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 5 of 40
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

I guess there would be no reason for me not to go for it right? especially since its a soft pull.

Message 6 of 40
GOldfishes
Contributor

As long as it is SP then I see no reason not accept. 

Experian: 734 Equifax: 765 Transunion:776

BoA Cash Rewards($6500)|Fidelity Investment Rewards AMEX($5000)|Chase Freedom($4000)|
Chase Sapphire Preferred($6500)|Amex PRG ($NPSL)|Amex SPG($6000)|Amex Business Gold Rewards($NPSL)|Amex BCE ($10,200)|Citi AA Exec ($10,500)|
Message 7 of 40
CreditUp2014
Established Member

I did the same thing and the HP me, then said they couldn't do it and didn't even give me the results, then refused to remove the HP.  So you may want to check your reports

just to be safe.

Message 8 of 40
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

@suckaaa wrote:

I did the same thing and the HP me, then said they couldn't do it and didn't even give me the results, then refused to remove the HP.  So you may want to check your reports

just to be safe.

I just went ahead and did it, I have a copy of the SM they sent stating that the increase comes without them pulling my credit reports. I also called in and made sure that the phone convo was recoreded and asked 3 times that this would not be a hard pull or them checking my credit history and was told that it does not, she asked what my income was and bam.... a $7100 CLI!!! thats almost 3xamex love lol

Message 9 of 40
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Sweet!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.