Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 week till first discover cli !!

tag
zerbherb
Established Contributor

1 week till first discover cli !!

March 2nd cannot come soon enough, my first soft pull cli is so soon how much should i ask for!

I was thinking of asking for 1000 or 1500$. Do you guys have suggestions of a good number higher then that or somewhere in between. 

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Stralem
Established Contributor

Re: 1 week till first discover cli !!

Eleventy billion.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 2 of 28
zerbherb
Established Contributor

no Smiley Mad

;
Discover it 13300 cl nov 2014/ Everyday 26700 k march 2015/CSP 7.5k Feb 2016/ Freedom Unlimited 7k july 207
Message 3 of 28
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Actually, I believe with the revised form you can no longer ask for a certain amount. I wasn't able to. You plug in your income and housing payment and it comes back with whether you can have a SP CLI or not, and it will offer an amount. More than that will require a HP. Perhaps with the HP you can ask for a certain amount, that I don't know as I've never needed the HP, but the SP just is whatever they will give you. FWIW, that's fairly typical, Cap One is the same way

Message 4 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zerbherb wrote:

March 2nd cannot come soon enough, my first soft pull cli is so soon how much should i ask for!

I was thinking of asking for 1000 or 1500$. Do you guys have suggestions of a good number higher then that or somewhere in between. 

On the Discover CLI page, they don't ask you how much you want the increase to be. They only ask for your yearly income, your employer, and your monthly rent or mortgage payment. If you want to request a specific amount, you may have to call them.

Message 5 of 28
zerbherb
Established Contributor

Got it. Thats pretty unfortunate you can't ask for specific number with out calling them. I will soft pull and then ask for a higher number via chat.

;
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon should you apply for a cli with Discover? 

Message 7 of 28
zerbherb
Established Contributor

90 days, are you also a student? which card do you have with them?

;
Message 8 of 28
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

At 3 months just don't be too disappointed if Discover does not grant a CLI. It might take a whole lot longer to see the account grow. If this is the case...keep using the card and be patient. Good luck  ! 

FYI It took me 15 months to see the first move with my Discover CLI but then that was the account that did grow fastest after Amex.

Message 9 of 28
zerbherb
Established Contributor

i went with in 40 $ of the limit twice in the past two months. That should warrent a cli of atleast 200.

;
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.