cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

tag
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

Congrats OP

Message 31 of 39
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

Do they typically give auto CLI? What's the mark on the increases if they do...6 month?  I just got mine this month with $1700 CL. So you're saying if you charge it up and pay it down constantly they'll auto increase faster than if you didnt? Or they'll give you a higher increase than they would if you didnt? 

Thats a nice limit OP!  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 32 of 39
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@Sitori wrote:

Do they typically give auto CLI? What's the mark on the increases if they do...6 month?  I just got mine this month with $1700 CL. So you're saying if you charge it up and pay it down constantly they'll auto increase faster than if you didnt? Or they'll give you a higher increase than they would if you didnt? 

Thats a nice limit OP!  

I read of people getting auto cli as early as 3 months after getting the card. I think if you are requestion a cli for the first time, you do have to wait 6 months. Other than that, they could generate auto increases at anytime and alot does have to do how much use the card and how often you PIF or send large amounts.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 33 of 39
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Wow - very well done!  I wish it paid me to Discover.  I got a Discover card with a 1700 CL a year ago and they haven't increased the limit.  Maybe I don't use it enough. I have other cards higher much higher limits so I'm not too broken up about it.  Just sort of irritating.

Message 34 of 39
Sitori
Frequent Contributor

@koalablue wrote:

Wow - very well done!  I wish it paid me to Discover.  I got a Discover card with a 1700 CL a year ago and they haven't increased the limit.  Maybe I don't use it enough. I have other cards higher much higher limits so I'm not too broken up about it.  Just sort of irritating.

wow ...that sucks for me.  lol.  I just got mine with the same limit...I hope that doesnt happen to me! do you rarely use it???

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EQ 701, TU 685, EX ?
Wallet:
Amazon store $2500(10/12), Cap1 $1500 (10/12), Discover $1700 (11/1/12).
Message 35 of 39
koalablue
Frequent Contributor

Yes, I rarely use it.  I've used the balance transfer function twice to transfer money from a higher interest card, and that was helpful, but its not my go-to card for spending.  I don't like that you have to spend a certain amount, I think 3000 dollars, before you get the 1 recent cash back.  If you run a decent amount of money through your Discover every month, I think you'll have much better luck than I did.

Message 36 of 39
Sparkz1920
Frequent Contributor

@SubseaEngineer wrote:

I did the same thing as Youngman and got from $1,000 in January to $4,000 in June, and $7500 in August.

I finally got approved for the Disover more this week and she said i get all the rewards and such...high apr of course but only 1k...

So im glad to see that it grew with you all...Im sure it will do the same for me. Im excited about those cash back offers

Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K
Message 37 of 39
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Guys I use the heck out of my discover... What I do I pay b4 the statements cut. So always a 0 balance is reported I use my entire line by the way.. As of now my yearly spend is 45k it will reach 75k before the year is over....
Message 38 of 39
youngman1234
Established Contributor

By the way cash back by than will be over 1k which was the line they originally gave me...lol
Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.