cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

tag
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

Re: 1k to 15k in 11 months...IT Pays to discover !!!

@HiLine wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

40k annual spending on a credit card should grant you any kind of credit limit you want lol

lol true enough

I don't know if I'd go that far. 40k in annual spending isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things.

40k annual spending on just ONE of your cards is quite a bit. 

I think my response was primarily aimed towards the comments above. I've pushed through about 100k in personal spending through my United card so far this year, but I wouldn't think for one second that I deserve any kind of credit limit I want.

I would say 25k is a gigantic credit limit, but if you have a realistic need for a higher limit you could give them a call and see what happens. 

I don't really need a higher limit than that. 25k for that card is plenty, although at some point I might ask for a CLI on my CSP. $12,700 is a bit low for my liking.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 21 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@CreditScholar wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@CreditScholar wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

40k annual spending on a credit card should grant you any kind of credit limit you want lol

lol true enough

I don't know if I'd go that far. 40k in annual spending isn't really that much in the grand scheme of things.

40k annual spending on just ONE of your cards is quite a bit. 

I think my response was primarily aimed towards the comments above. I've pushed through about 100k in personal spending through my United card so far this year, but I wouldn't think for one second that I deserve any kind of credit limit I want.

I would say 25k is a gigantic credit limit, but if you have a realistic need for a higher limit you could give them a call and see what happens. 

I don't really need a higher limit than that. 25k for that card is plenty, although at some point I might ask for a CLI on my CSP. $12,700 is a bit low for my liking.

I have no doubt Chase will do their best to match the United card's limit for you. If you pull the trigger, let us know how it goes Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 39
SportBike4Life
Regular Contributor

Discover still won't budge on my credit limit of a measly $1,000 because I'm under 21... Smiley Sad

Jun 2012 FICO® ~ 734 EQ
Sep 2012 FICO® ~ 684 EQ; 734 TU
Oct 2012 FICO® ~ TBA

Goal for 2014 ~760+

Trying to stay in the garden...but also trying to get as many apps as possible for now Smiley Wink
Message 23 of 39
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

I did the same thing as Youngman and got from $1,000 in January to $4,000 in June, and $7500 in August.

Message 24 of 39
CS800
Super Contributor

Nice CLI's. Were they HP's?

I thought I was lucky when they pushed me from $6500 to $13500 on my 6 month mark.

Message 25 of 39
HiLine
Blogger

@SportBike4Life wrote:

Discover still won't budge on my credit limit of a measly $1,000 because I'm under 21... Smiley Sad

What's your current level of spending on the card? If you can prove to them you're a big client, they will fulfill your requests more readily.

Message 26 of 39
SubseaEngineer
Valued Member

@HiLine wrote:

@SportBike4Life wrote:

What's your current level of spending on the card? If you can prove to them you're a big client, they will fulfill your requests more readily.

This is absolutely correct.  When I hit that 6 month mark, with a $1,000 CL, and $4K - $5K per month in charges (get up to $900 and pay down, get up to $900 and pay down, over and over and over again), it was easy for them to give me a big jump.

Message 27 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
I got a discover more card last year in Nov 2011 since then at 6 months they gave me 1250. Then at 7 months I called in they increased it to 6750... At 8 months they increased it to 7000... Today at just a lil shy of 11 months limit is now 15k !!!!

CONGRATS!!!

They consistantly deny me. I've had the card since March and it's stuck at 1k. Refuse to use it until they increase it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 28 of 39
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Thanks.... I'm hoping to get it to 20-25 by march.... I spend like Crzy on it... Already charged more than 15,000 and have been making payments to just open it to charge again... Lol
Message 29 of 39
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats and nice system you got going thereSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.