Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Capital One Credit Cards CLI and Upgrade

tag
swoosh76
Valued Member

2 Capital One Credit Cards CLI and Upgrade

So I've had my Capital One Platinum Mastercard for over 2.5 years.  The CL has been stuck at $300 since I opened the account.  The other card was an old Orchard Bank which was also $300 for about 2 years.  Recently I kept asking for CLI and kept getting denied for bogus reasons.  So after trying multiple times using the CHAT function on their website, I was finally able to get an increase last week from $300 to $800 on one of my cards.  The other was stuck at $300 and was denied for being "past due in the past 9 months".  I had never been late on my payments. 

So I called the EO backdoor number Tuesday and spoke with a very nice lady named Cindy.  She reviewed my account and asked what I would like to do.  I asked for CLI increase on both cards and to check to see what offers were available.  She stated that I was eligible to convert to the Quicksilver card on both cards and asked if I wanted to.  I said yes of course!  She asked for some income and other information and said she would submit it for review and call me back.

Today, she left a message(she actually called back!) and said I had been increased to $1000 on both cards! 

So in short, I was able to upgrade to the Quicksilver for both cards and also get a CLI on both to $1000 with one phone call. 

I was pretty happy Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: 2 Capital One Credit Cards CLI and Upgrade

Congrats I have had success twice through the EO so it works for sure 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 17
Shock_
Frequent Contributor

big congrats OP...

I got upgraded to Quicksilver as well! opening CL of 500 on Platinum MC, LUV button to 1000 after PC and EO to 1500..not much but I'll take it! i asked for 5000.....

I wonder though.....would you consider combining them into 1 card with a 2k limit? It honestly seems pointless to have 2 of the EXACT same cards...who knows if CAP1 even does that...but thats what I would do.

And it also seems that Cap1 is starting to be helpful to their cardholders by way of PC's and CLI's. AFAIK, they used to be stingy and your account was virtually locked...ineligible for any type of PC or CLI...but it doesnt seem to be the case lately.

Capital One Quicksilver MC $3000 6/2011 | Chase Amazon Visa $1400 8/2012 | Citi Diamond Preferred MC $4200 7/2013 | AMEX Green NPSL 8/2013 | Chase Freedom $1000 Visa 8/2013 | AMEX BCE $7000 2/2014 ==> 2/2013
Message 3 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Cap1's old history was to have a person have several credit cards with small CLs so as to minimize their potential losses. As many of us can remember, we went to Cap1 for help to start out or rebuild and they were protecting themselves against losses. Only problem is never being able to grow with them. They have some good products today.
Message 5 of 17
alvon123
Super Contributor

GREAT job!!!

Message 6 of 17
swoosh76
Valued Member

I asked if they would combine the two cards as I had the same concern and the EO rep told me that they don't do that.... Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 17
westo12
Established Contributor

op can you send me the number that you called to get the cli and upgrade please?

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 8 of 17
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your CLI x2!!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@swoosh76 wrote:

So I've had my Capital One Platinum Mastercard for over 2.5 years.  The CL has been stuck at $300 since I opened the account.  The other card was an old Orchard Bank which was also $300 for about 2 years.  Recently I kept asking for CLI and kept getting denied for bogus reasons.  So after trying multiple times using the CHAT function on their website, I was finally able to get an increase last week from $300 to $800 on one of my cards.  The other was stuck at $300 and was denied for being "past due in the past 9 months".  I had never been late on my payments. 

So I called the EO backdoor number Tuesday and spoke with a very nice lady named Cindy.  She reviewed my account and asked what I would like to do.  I asked for CLI increase on both cards and to check to see what offers were available.  She stated that I was eligible to convert to the Quicksilver card on both cards and asked if I wanted to.  I said yes of course!  She asked for some income and other information and said she would submit it for review and call me back.

Today, she left a message(she actually called back!) and said I had been increased to $1000 on both cards! 

So in short, I was able to upgrade to the Quicksilver for both cards and also get a CLI on both to $1000 with one phone call. 

I was pretty happy Smiley Happy

Congrats X2 Smiley Happy WTG

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.