Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2X Hard Pull

tag
emily15
Regular Contributor

2X Hard Pull

I opened a US Bank checking account last week and in the process it told me I was pre qualified (I think qualified not pre approved) for a couple of their credit cards (I already have one with them). I selected one and sure enough I have two hard pulls on the same day from US Bank. I’m guessing one for each Checking and CreditCard ? ( both of which I was approved for). Is this normal? I’m kind of bummed but obviously knew it could happen, I went from 5 inqs to 7 . Oh well. Sharing here so people are prepared in case they do the same.
4 REPLIES 4
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: 2X Hard Pull

I bank with US bank and have had them do the same thing when I applied for a card.

They do not pull your credit for checking accounts. They will pull for credit cards though.

I called them and asked why they pulled my credit twice on the same day. The rep acted like he didnt know what I was talking about but said he would look into it. It was removed a week later. I suggest calling them.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 5
emily15
Regular Contributor

Thank you.

I forgot that I applied for a reserve line of credit for the checking at the same time (approved) so maybe it was that, or maybe both from the credit card.
Message 3 of 5
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Even multiple apps from them should be the same hardpull if done on the same day. I would call them

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

As mentioned from others, def. call. You are not supposed to have HP's with checking accounts.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.