Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Barclaycard help/suggestions needed

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

2nd Barclaycard help/suggestions needed

My first barclaycard was the NFL rewards card back in October 2016 with a SL of $5,000. Requested a CLI at activation since I was planning on using the 0% BT offer. Was a HP, but increased to $10,000. Paid off the $6,000 BT around March of this year. Requested a SP CLI after and was increased to $14,000. 

I received a pre approval letter in the mail for their Ring which is what I'm planning on applying for to take advantage of the $0 BT fee and consolidate a few of my balances. 

With that said, I currently moved so I'm not sure if that will affect my pre approval since I will be applying with a new address. I spoke to a CSR, who actually said if I apply over the phone, it will be a SP since I'm currently a cardholder? Not sure if there's any truth to this but if anyone could chime in on that it would be greatly appreciated. 

Now, my main question is that I currently have a balance on my NFL card of about $4000. Would it be in my best interest to pay that balance off first and then apply for the new card? Would doing so allow for a higher SL on the new card? Or would it not make much of a difference? 

TU Fico is 739 

2 inquiries on TU in the past year - both from barclay. 1 for the NFL card and 1 for the CLI

2 accounts opened after the NFL, both in January 2017. None in the past 6 months. 

7% utilization

Thanks in advance! 

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2nd Barclaycard help/suggestions needed

I have two Barclay cards that I got 3 months apart and I got two hard pulls.  So I would say the CSR was misleading you about that.

Don't carry balances so can't help you with that. 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

did your second card have a higher SL?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

did your second card have a higher SL?

First card had 4k limit second card 3.5k limit.  As the Barclay Aviator only requires one charge to get the bonus they could have made my limit 10 dollars and I would have been fine with it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.