Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd BofA CLI SUCCESS!!

tag
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

2nd BofA CLI SUCCESS!!

So a few days ago I posted how I asked for a CLI increase online for my BofA cash rewards mastercard to go from 600 to 1000, and then thought how I should have asked for more. I went back on their website and requested another CLI to go to 1500, got the 7 to 10 day message. So today I receive a call about that CLI request, the very nice & helpful CSR asked about my income, how long I had been working, and then said you have had your account since late October, you have always paid in full and on time, and you have managed the account very well, she said I will go ahead and approve an increase to 1500. I asked is there any way to go a little higher then that. I said 2500 would be optimal, she said OK let me see what I can do, came back and said I can go ahead and approve your request to 2500.  So 2 CLI's in a couple of days from BofA, SO EXCITED!!!!!!

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: 2nd BofA CLI SUCCESS!!

Nice, Congrats on the increases. Was it 2 HPs?

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 9
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

yes two HP's Smiley Sad. But at this point, I don't care because I probably have more than 50 inquiries on each CB.

Amex BCE $10,000 | BofA Power Rewards WMC $10,000 | Discover It $10,000 | ICBC Preferred Gold UnionPay $8,000 | Local CU Visa $3,500
Message 3 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Congratulations. Next time ask for a really high number. They will counter if they cannot give it to you, and that way you will not have the "should've asked for more" feeling.

Message 4 of 9
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Congratulations. Next time ask for a really high number. They will counter if they cannot give it to you, and that way you will not have the "should've asked for more" feeling.

So they will counter on their website? I could put $10000 and they might counter with $5000.

Message 5 of 9
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

So they will counter on their website? I could put $10000 and they might counter with $5000.

I'm not sure what the website will say. Last time I asked to go from 2000 to 10100 and it said to receive an instant decision, ring in. I did and got the most cheerful and jolly representative I have ever spoken to. He said everything looked perfect but could only ive me 7500 which was fine with me. So it may tell you to ring in or it may counter you without having to talk to them.

Message 6 of 9
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

I'm not sure what the website will say. Last time I asked to go from 2000 to 10100 and it said to receive an instant decision, ring in. I did and got the most cheerful and jolly representative I have ever spoken to. He said everything looked perfect but could only ive me 7500 which was fine with me. So it may tell you to ring in or it may counter you without having to talk to them.

I'll be sure to try that in six months or so, when I decide to request more.

Message 7 of 9
tengtengvn
Frequent Contributor

@ilovelisa wrote:

yes two HP's Smiley Sad. But at this point, I don't care because I probably have more than 50 inquiries on each CB.

50 inquiries. WOW.... speechless.

What's in your wallet?
-Not Capital One.
Message 8 of 9
ilovelisa
Established Contributor

@tengtengvn wrote:

@ilovelisa wrote:

50 inquiries. WOW.... speechless.

LOL thats everyones reaction Smiley Very Happy, but hey they'll be gone in 2 years.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.