cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6 months history = AMEX Green or AMEX Gold?

tag
NRB525
Super Contributor

Re: 6 months history = AMEX Green or AMEX Gold?

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pokerpro wrote:

I hate to crash this party

but with such low income - why incur an annual fee ? 

And I don't agree with getting a card with the intention of closing it within 11 months

Right, but that's just your personal preference, for others it makes sense.

There's also the question of following through, if a PRG is obtained, to have the appropriately timed and paid back spend to earn the miles.

And not to be a negative ninny, but are those miles good for anything else besides airlines?

The BCE is no AF, and you actually get cash back, not miles that you have to fiddle with. It may start with a low limit, but with AMEX that's often the case and is easy enough to earn CLI with good payment history.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 41 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are my chances of approval and getting the BCE the same as the PRG? 

Message 42 of 44
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pokerpro wrote:

And I don't agree with getting a card with the intention of closing it within 11 months

There's also the question of following through, if a PRG is obtained, to have the appropriately timed and paid back spend to earn the miles.

And not to be a negative ninny, but are those miles good for anything else besides airlines?

The BCE is no AF, and you actually get cash back, not miles that you have to fiddle with. It may start with a low limit, but with AMEX that's often the case and is easy enough to earn CLI with good payment history.

MR points aren't worth much if you aren't using them for travel, on an side note if you are looking for gas groceries card with no af , if your spending isn't that much with gas and grocers like less than 250 each per month, then SM is an much better option, unless you really have to get an amexx. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@pokerpro wrote:

MR points aren't worth much if you aren't using them for travel, on an side note if you are looking for gas groceries card with no af , if your spending isn't that much with gas and grocers like less than 250 each per month, then SM is an much better option, unless you really have to get an amexx. 

+1

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.