Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 - 10 day message for Red Roof Visa Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 - 10 day message for Red Roof Visa Card

Ok, I am new to this board but I have been reading a lot of the threads and decided to offically join the site. Anyhoo, I had applied for the Red Roof Inn Visa card and got the 7 to 10 day message. I know that means more than likely I was denied which doesn't bother me since I only wanted the card because I work for RRI and it would be easier to explain the benefits if I knew more about the card. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that there is nothing on my credit report of them even pulling my scores. I would assume that this was a hard pull so it should show, but there is nothing. Am I missing something? Is this common? The card is issued by Comenity (or whatever they are called) and I knew some will say call the recon line but I don't want to do that. I'm fine with my 2 Capital One cards but I just think this is so strange.

Thanks!!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7 - 10 day message for Red Roof Visa

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I am new to this board but I have been reading a lot of the threads and decided to offically join the site. Anyhoo, I had applied for the Red Roof Inn Visa card and got the 7 to 10 day message. I know that means more than likely I was denied which doesn't bother me since I only wanted the card because I work for RRI and it would be easier to explain the benefits if I knew more about the card. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that there is nothing on my credit report of them even pulling my scores. I would assume that this was a hard pull so it should show, but there is nothing. Am I missing something? Is this common? The card is issued by Comenity (or whatever they are called) and I knew some will say call the recon line but I don't want to do that. I'm fine with my 2 Capital One cards but I just think this is so strange.

Thanks!!

Welcome to MyFico

They should have done a hard pull on your credit report when you applied..  Where are you checking to see if a credit check was done?  Also, there is a remote possibility that they used a soft pull,which you would t see unless you were looking at a report that showed SPs

Message 2 of 11
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, I am new to this board but I have been reading a lot of the threads and decided to offically join the site. Anyhoo, I had applied for the Red Roof Inn Visa card and got the 7 to 10 day message. I know that means more than likely I was denied which doesn't bother me since I only wanted the card because I work for RRI and it would be easier to explain the benefits if I knew more about the card. The thing that bothers me the most is the fact that there is nothing on my credit report of them even pulling my scores. I would assume that this was a hard pull so it should show, but there is nothing. Am I missing something? Is this common? The card is issued by Comenity (or whatever they are called) and I knew some will say call the recon line but I don't want to do that. I'm fine with my 2 Capital Smiley WinkOne cards but I just think this is so strange.

Thanks!!

Welcome to MyFico

They should have done a hard pull on your credit report when you applied..  Where are you checking to see if a credit check was done?  Also, there is a remote possibility that they used a soft pull,which you would t see unless you were looking at a report that showed SPs

1/2 of my come its approvals have been on a 7-10 notice. All is not lost. You could get a verification letter in a week or so. Keep your toes crossed

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Credit Karma but I totally forgot that CK doesn't show Experian scores.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some people have managed to get lucky and get away with a promotional SP on some of the Comenity backed cards. I got a SP approval for Sportsmans and Fuel Rewards. The 7 to 10 day with Comenity does not always mean a denial. It often can be a verification letter. Keep an eye on your mail for a letter stating that they need you call in to complete your application. I just had one the other week for BJ's week and it ended up being verification. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was talking to a coworker about this and they said that if you got that message then you were denied. They said that is how they tell people they are denied but saying that and sending them a letter. They do that because they don't want us agents to inform the guests they were denied.

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

With cards issued with Comenity the 7 to 10 day message can either be a denial or it can be an approval pending a verification letter being sent to you. Two of my apps in the past month or so gave that and ended up being approved. Just keep an eye on your mail and don't assume it's denied. If you get a letter asking you to call to complete the app go ahead and call them and they will ask you some public record/ credit report questions and then complete the app. 

Message 7 of 11
ddemari
Super Contributor

Like others have said, it could go both ways. Im my experience, only one time has that message yielded me a verification letter and it was for a store card, not even a visa mc etc. 

But the RediCard Visa seems pretty easy to get, so it could be verification. Good luck, keep your eye on the mail. 

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply. It does appear that they did a hp on me from Equifax but it's so weird that that is now showing up on my record. When Walmart did a hp on me it showed up immediately (next day). I know I have 10 hps in the past 2 months but most of those hps were from a car dealership who ran my credit to get a better interest rate even though I was already approved for a car loan and had a good interest rate. I was told that was normal (I've never bought a car from a dealership before) It may not have been the best but it was good. I know those hps hurt me. I'm fine with the decline as this is a learning lesson for me. Again thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just make sure you keep an eye out for that letter from Comenity and don't assume it' a denial just yet. It may be and it's cool that you're okay with that but there is the chance it's verification. If it is call in right away so they can finish processing it. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.