Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7-10 day..then 2 week..than 7-10 day

tag
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

7-10 day..then 2 week..than 7-10 day

So....I app'd for the Chase AARP in February.  They pulled EX 675 and EQ 633.  Got 7-10 day message from auto line and eventually received a denial letter for 2 collections, 7 Inquiries, too many new accounts (4 credit cards and 2 store cards in 1.5 years) and high balances (63% util- yes, i know, I know...I am paying it off as fast as I can!  Paid off two Credit cards this month and two to go!  Will be debt free is September, with Chase SWRR paid off by May ).

So, I wrote Chase a letter explainIng everything.  Won't bore you with the details, but I felt it was a positive, well written letter so I sent it last Saturday.  Called auto line yesterday and got 7-10 day message (could have been a holdover from original denial).  Called auto line today and got two week message.  Called auto line a few times today (Friday 3/10) all 2 week until last call it said 7-10 days.

Any ideas?  I'm a little confused now.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase denial...then 2 week message

2 weeks is normally a good sign with Chase, especially with a change in their status line for you.
Your recon may have worked out well for you
Message 2 of 3
Gidgetmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase denial...then 2 week message

Thank for your response, Tigers. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.