baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: 800 FICO: What to Apply for Next?

Equifax
Message 21 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

Check out my thread for all the great perks of joining Penfed.
Message 22 of 46
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Check out my thread for all the great perks of joining Penfed.

I'll have to check it when I get home to really sit down and read about it. You really are a baller. Smiley Very Happy You know so much! Unforuntately, one of my new cards did hit EF so I'll have to wait a while before I dare attempt applying for Simmons, probably a year(?). You should do a youtube video on which threads to pull up this kind of info on, this forum isn't the easiest to navigate that I've ever been on. Word searches require precision and sometimes do not tell me what I want.

Thank you! 

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 23 of 46
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

I would say JP Morgan Chase Palladium, Citigroup Black Chairman Card,Merrill Accolades American Express.

Message 24 of 46
johnpalley
Established Contributor

Does Simmons require proof of income to get the card? I got an 801 fico on my equifax with no inquiries. I wonder if I can qualify?

Message 25 of 46
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@johnpalley wrote:

Does Simmons require proof of income to get the card? I got an 801 fico on my equifax with no inquiries. I wonder if I can qualify?

Good question, lets wait for somebody more knowledgable to answer! Smiley Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 26 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

Yep Simmons is picky and manually reviews every app. POI is required. Odd for a bank. But hey, they're Simmons First. They can do whatever they want. LOL
Message 27 of 46
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:
Yep Simmons is picky and manually reviews every app. POI is required. Odd for a bank. But hey, they're Simmons First. They can do whatever they want. LOL

Lol that's terrible. I read some reviews where people didn't get asked for POI but they could have just been lucky.

Message 28 of 46
baller4life
Super Contributor

Oh well that's cool!! Like I said I only know of one of two that got it and it was 2 or 3 week process and poi was required.
Message 29 of 46
kdm31091
Super Contributor

At 800+ (congrats btw), you have basically the option of whatever you want. Since you do not really travel, I'd suggest just a solid cashback card like Quicksilver or Double Cash. You will likely get a decent limit and APR with either one although Citi has been known to be stingy with Double Cash even to those with great credit scores, so YMMV.

Message 30 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.