Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A couple new cards

tag
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

A couple new cards

Well, after getting lucky 2 months ago by getting approved for a second Sallie Mae @ $10,000 I then received letters from US Bank saying they discovered a bug in the system that was preventing me from obtaining CLI's. So 1 month ago I asked for 2 smallish CLI requests to bring both of my cash+ cards to $10,000.

Then there was talk on myfico about the Discover automated phone cli, so I used that a month ago and got an additional $1000 via SP. 

So, now its June... On Monday I decided to finally apply for the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards, and was granted a $4,500 limit. Then Wednesday I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred. And I was given a $11,900 limit. Very nice indeed.

Its kinda strange that the Chase pre-approval check never offers me anything. And this is my second Chase card. Seriously, not one suggestion, yet you give me a $11,900 limit on a new card... I'll just live with the mystery.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: A couple new cards

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

edit: were the US Bank SP or HP CLI thanks in advance

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 16
lonelyisland
Frequent Contributor

I didnt have any preapprovals on Chase or AMEX either. Then I got a mailer from AMEX - it was addressed to the AKA name on my credit report, tried that variation of my name and  got preapprovals on Chase and Amex. Crazy huh?

Message 3 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@Anonymous, after getting lucky 2 months ago by getting approved for a second Sallie Mae @ $10,000 I then received letters from US Bank saying they discovered a bug in the system that was preventing me from obtaining CLI's. So 1 month ago I asked for 2 smallish CLI requests to bring both of my cash+ cards to $10,000.

Then there was talk on myfico about the Discover automated phone cli, so I used that a month ago and got an additional $1000 via SP. 

So, now its June... On Monday I decided to finally apply for the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards, and was granted a $4,500 limit. Then Wednesday I applied for a Chase Sapphire Preferred. And I was given a $11,900 limit. Very nice indeed.

Its kinda strange that the Chase pre-approval check never offers me anything. And this is my second Chase card. Seriously, not one suggestion, yet you give me a $11,900 limit on a new card... I'll just live with the mystery.

Chase is the same way with me. No pre-approvals ever, but never a denial and great terms. lol I think some people have preapproval success and some don't. I'm one of those that doesn't, and that's ok.

Congrats on your new cards! Your signature is becoming larger and larger! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 16
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

In the past they were always HP, and always failed saying I had obtained a limit increase in the past 6 months. Which made no sense. And asking for manual review was the same.

THIS time, it may have been a SP. They didn't pull TU or EX, but I'm unsure of EQ. I should have an EQ report coming via US mail...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

In the past they were always HP, and always failed saying I had obtained a limit increase in the past 6 months. Which made no sense. And asking for manual review was the same.

THIS time, it may have been a SP. They didn't pull TU or EX, but I'm unsure of EQ. I should have an EQ report coming via US mail...

Thanks! EQ is who they pulled for me in MN when I got my cards. I really don't need a CLI if it's going to be a chance of a HP. Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 16
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

you broke the blue chain!?!?!?!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 16
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, two nice additions.

Message 8 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Excellent, grats on your new cards Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 16
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals! 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.