Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Application Denied -- Question

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: AMEX Application Denied -- Question

Very nice congrats on the nice score jump and approval as a result of it!  Of course the MSD date as well

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Oh my god. My Experian just went up 40+ points to 668 (not great, but better) and I was feeling gutsy and just reapplied for the EveryDay card.

Got approved. $5k limit w/17.99% APR. Funnily enough, my score experienced that bump because my AMEX charge off was just marked as settled.

I'm in shock. Just submitted a request to have my "Member Since" date changed... if it goes through, I'll get a credit line dated to 2004!

@Congratulations! I had no idea that someone could reapply before 30 days after a denial.. Any insight into this would be Greatly Appreciated! Because I'm wanting to pull the trigger for another Amex! Again after being denied on 2-18 for the Simply Cash Business Card..  @Anonymous Congratulations!

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

The trick is to be an absolute idiot and not even think about it. Smiley Happy

I just saw my score bump, thought "huh. i wonder if it'll make a difference?" and reapplied. I didn't know a denial usually required a 30 day wait for another app!

This makes me laugh...

AMEX ED

Message 13 of 14
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya kinda suprised they re-pulled your credit for the same product..  I can understand if another card, but hmm.. Least we have a GP that proved you can do it prior to 30 days now lol

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.