Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX BCE 61 Day CLI

tag
CreditChallanged85
Established Member

AMEX BCE 61 Day CLI

So I applied for the BCE Friday morning fully expecting to get turned down but to my amazement I was approved! So, I've been doing some research on the AMEX 61 day CLI standard and I have a few questions/concerns. I didn't realize it until after the fact but a huge portion of my debt was missing from my credit report. Long story short all Federal Stafford loans are transitioning from one service provider to another and it just happen to be that they were all zeroed out from the previous provider and the new provider hadn't yet started reporting thus making it look like the $56k wasn't there.

Fast forward to the terrible thought that crossed my mind, if on day 61 I ask for my 3x CLI AMEX will see a new loan for $56k and may very well decline my request but would it be possible for them to close the account? Should I just be greatful for the $2k limit I recieved and live to fight another day (in the very distant future)?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX BCE 61 Day CLI

@CreditChallanged85 wrote:

So I applied for the BCE Friday morning fully expecting to get turned down but to my amazement I was approved! So, I've been doing some research on the AMEX 61 day CLI standard and I have a few questions/concerns. I didn't realize it until after the fact but a huge portion of my debt was missing from my credit report. Long story short all Federal Stafford loans are transitioning from one service provider to another and it just happen to be that they were all zeroed out from the previous provider and the new provider hadn't yet started reporting thus making it look like the $56k wasn't there.

Fast forward to the terrible thought that crossed my mind, if on day 61 I ask for my 3x CLI AMEX will see a new loan for $56k and may very well decline my request but would it be possible for them to close the account? Should I just be greatful for the $2k limit I recieved and live to fight another day (in the very distant future)?

All you can do is ask 

Won't know until you ask and if declined wait 6 months and ask again.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 4
bman86
Regular Contributor

It's my understanding that they're going to see it anyways since american express is pretty good about consitently doing account reviews or soft pulls. I doubt they're going to close your account because it starts reporting again. I'm assuming you have good payment history on those loans and it shouldn't affect your over all util for revolving credit. IMHO.

Message 3 of 4
gen-specific
Frequent Contributor

they already know

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.