Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX DENIED CLI > HARD PULL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX DENIED CLI > HARD PULL

I requested the 3xCLI after 61 days and it came back with a 7-10 days and next morning I wake up its a HARD PULL . (Prob after manual review)

Kind of sucks when you read about it on here where everyone says its a SP . Not blaming anyone but it can also be a HP apparently .

Had a 1k starting limit and put about 800 spend through it in 2 months PIF immediatly. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX DENIED CLI > HARD PULL

Obviously a hard pull sucks, but I think it's always a YMMV thing. Prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

@Anonymous
Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes YMMV , please be careful out there. Lot of people here say just go for CLI whenever its just SP . Right thing to say is it can be a HP . I agree with you 

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awwww I'm sorry to hear that OP. By the way, did you PIF after the statement cut?

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

All good , lesson learned. I have an absolute impecable CR. Nothing is holding me back but maybe just the low age of accounts and low starting limit . Its all good . I PIF right after payment posts 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that. Was the HP on EX? I've heard they sometime pull two agencies... but not on a CLI request. Maybe you can recon, tell them it was a HP, please reconsider?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try to recon . Ill let you guys know what they say. Yes EX got it .

Message 7 of 13
SwarthyOgre
Regular Contributor

Perhaps the fact that IF the 3x CLI went thru they would now be extending you your highest limit was a factor. Regardless i'm sorry to hear about the HP but take solice in the fact that it is a temp ding to your score, the card will grow nicely and you're building a relationship with a good lender. Smiley Happy 

Starting scores: 5/15 - EQ: 546 | TU: 580 | EX: 554
Current scores: 4/23 - EQ: 750 | TU: 750 | EX: 750
Message 8 of 13
LuckyB338
Regular Contributor

Data points? Cli in 61 days is not a guarantee but your chances improve greatly with a profile that supports your request.
Message 9 of 13
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

bigger  possibility with 500 and 1K SL. From what I’ve read they want to see a bit more history if you get a low SL like that, about 6 months from account opening...

Wait 91 days and ask for 3K. They’ll either counter or deny again or grant it. 😁

Best of luck!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.