Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Platinum

I just recently have been approved for CapOn Venture - $15k and I have a few questions.  I am active duty military so all AMEX cards come with the annual fee waived as long as I am on active duty.  I am interested in the AMEX Platinum since I travel a fair amount and the fee would be waived.  Is it possible to downgrade from platinum to green once if I got approved.  Would I get approved?  I did the pre-qual and only the gold card showed up, not the premier.  Credit score is good except for 2 bad ones about 5-6 years ago.  I currently have an AMEX but it is through USAA but AMEX says they have me in their system as a card holder.  The current AMEX is 5% for gas and on base purchases and 2% for groceries up to $3k each...if you were wondering.  Thank you for your help guys, you are always the best!!!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Platinum

Bump? Hope that's ok.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would you get approved? Impossible to even guess without more information. What is your Experian Fico 8 score? How many inquiries do you have in your Experian file? What is the nature of the bad entries, both type and dollar amount? Besides the Venture and USAA Amex, what other cards do you have? What is the average age of your accounts? What is your current utilization?

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

With AMEX, approved (prequalify) for a gold is good for Platinum or Green, and if C1 just let u have access to $15k... And AMEX waives your AF, what are you eating for?

I think your chances are very good.
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eating = waiting.
Message 5 of 14
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just recently have been approved for CapOn Venture - $15k and I have a few questions.  I am active duty military so all AMEX cards come with the annual fee waived as long as I am on active duty.  I am interested in the AMEX Platinum since I travel a fair amount and the fee would be waived.  Is it possible to downgrade from platinum to green once if I got approved.  Would I get approved?  I did the pre-qual and only the gold card showed up, not the premier.  Credit score is good except for 2 bad ones about 5-6 years ago.  I currently have an AMEX but it is through USAA but AMEX says they have me in their system as a card holder.  The current AMEX is 5% for gas and on base purchases and 2% for groceries up to $3k each...if you were wondering.  Thank you for your help guys, you are always the best!!!

I have the Amex Platinum. To me, it's a big waste. But I'm not the world's biggest traveler either.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I also was recently approved for the Venture at 15k and just this evening got the Plat with the 100k offer.  Yes, you can downgrade the Plat to any charge card, but not to a revolver.  Also as others have said if you're prequalified for any charge card you should be good, their UW standards are the same.  If you're EXP is north of 680 you should be golden.  My EXP was 666 when I was approved for the Delta Gold at 3k, and I still had some derogatory accounts.

Keep us posted,

Oz

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the help I appreciate it. I saw the 100k offer at work computer the other day but I'm out of town now and can't seem to get the 100k offer. Could I call them and ask? Do you enjoy having the Amex platinum? 

Message 8 of 14
SecretAzure
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the help I appreciate it. I saw the 100k offer at work computer the other day but I'm out of town now and can't seem to get the 100k offer. Could I call them and ask? Do you enjoy having the Amex platinum? 

I'm curious to hear what people think of their "Exclusive events" feature. Do people really get backstage at shows or meet celebs or get other "limited" access to "rare" events?

Thanks Smiley Very Happy

"Show your thanks with action! Hit the "Kudos" button (the stripe with the star) for every post you find helpful to show your appreciation to the community of great individuals who help you on these forums" -Me

Active Cards: Chevron Texaco, Amex BCE, Barclays Ring, Chase Freedom, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Best Buy Visa, Marvel MCMust garden until 2/1/2022 to hit my goal AAOA. Smiley Indifferent
Message 9 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes you can call and here are the offer codes 

POID BUIU:0001
OFFER CODE: 2AAY-6Q71MM-3XAJ-YBG

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.