Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card Letter in Mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card Letter in Mail

i received a letter two weeks ago from Amex "extending an exclusive offer" for the PRG card offering 50,000 MR points if spend 1,000 in first 3 months. 

Is this a generic letter?  Does this mean I might qualify for the card? Are these letter worth anything?

thanks for the help!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card Letter in Mail

Hard to say whether you would qualify and whether it's a generic letter or not.  The 50,000 NR is twice their standard offer so if you do qualify it would be a good deal.  What are your scores?

Message 2 of 13
rlx01
Established Contributor

That's a good offer and now is the time to lock in a 2014 MSD.
Message 3 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I think its a targeted offer I would jump on that offer.just be sure you know how you would use Mr points.GC and statement credit aren't not good value for those points.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 13
Berk
Established Contributor

Before you jump in remember that it has a fairly hefty annual fee if you decide to keep the card for more than a year. Also, if you don't travel a lot I don't see much benefit in the card - don't let the name mislead you - it ain't all that premier.

It is a charge card too so if you are used to carrying a balance on your cards this one might not be the one for you.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you aren't already a AMEX cardholder, you should be able to access the prequalification page on the AMEX website. You can enter your information and verify that you are pre-qualified for the card. If you're already a AMEX cardholder you can apply and if you aren't approved it will be a soft pull anyway. No harm done. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

... if you aren't approved it will be a soft pull anyway. No harm done. 

Really? Is this only for pre-qualified offers? I have opted out of the pre-qualified mailing lists, but does this mean I can apply for another AMEX card with a soft enquiry since I already have the BCP?

Message 7 of 13
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Really? Is this only for pre-qualified offers? I have opted out of the pre-qualified mailing lists, but does this mean I can apply for another AMEX card with a soft enquiry since I already have the BCP?

If you already have an amex card , all denials should be sp and all approvals no matter if you have an previous amex card or not are HP. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got that letter as well. It sounded pretty good until I saw that annual fee. Smiley Frustrated  

Message 9 of 13
b_diddy
Established Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you already have an amex card , all denials should be sp and all approvals no matter if you have an previous amex card or not are HP. 

Aaaargggh.  I feel ripped off.  I was hit with a HP for each of my AMEX approvals! :-(

EDIT: read the post wrong.  Guess I got HP's per usual ... :-)

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.