Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX multiple appplications + CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX multiple appplications + CLI

Hello everyone,

I have an AMEX Everyday Preferred credit card (initial $8k limit) that I applied for in January. I’m waiting the 61 days before I apply for the 3x CLI.

I’d like to apply for the BCE and/or SPG credit card some point as well - my question is will my applying for these extra cards lead to denial of my 3x CLI for the AMEX preferred? Should I wait after the CLI or could I apply for these other cards before the CLI request?

Thanks everyone!
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX multiple appplications + CLI

Welcome to MF. Congratulations on your new AMEX card and SL! I would wait until after you have tried for the 3x CLI to app for other AMEX cards. Hoefully others will weigh in this as well.

Message 2 of 12
dak17
New Contributor

Great question. I’d like to know the answer to this question as well.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just be weary that, if you apply for the CLI first, that, if your credit card sets you over a certain threshold with AMEX, you will have to call in to finalize the new card. (Either transferring some credit if you've met your personal limit, or just verify financial information).
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the great info! I’m not worried to verify my income with AMEX as I report what I actually earn - is this verification still at $34,500 threshold?
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

What in your profile has changed in the last 61 days that would compel Amex to triple your limit?  Though Amex policy allows it, you need a reason.  Substantial increase in CS, income, cash assets or a significant decrease in utilization?  I’m not saying it can’t happen, but it is not the norm. All of this was explained to me by an Amex rep using a backdoor number posted on MyFico.  She further suggested that I wait 6 mos so that at a minimum I could present some history worth considering.

Good luck and please post your results!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t say I expect it but there’s seems to be a good track record of people getting 3CLI so I figured I have nothing to lose asking. I will try to use the backdoor numbers just in case I get refused Smiley Happy
As for my situation not much has changed since I applied! Thanks
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Received my full 3CLI Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the comments!!!
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  You definately have something or many things AMEX likes about your profile.

Message 9 of 12
chaos51
Regular Contributor

Awesome! Let us know about whatever card you decide to app for. I love my SPG. It's a better Marriott card than my Ritz card is, but obviously go after whatever you will get the most out of.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.