Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMX CLI declined

tag
mavric
New Contributor

AMX CLI declined

Well at day 65 i went for the 3x cli on my BCED  and got a 7-10 day message.  OK    Then 2 minutes later i get a e-mail to call CS .  Was told cannot  have a CLI because of  the chapter 13 BK  on credit report from 5 1/2 years ago.      I have never hear this before,  is this true?      

Guess i am stuck with what i have [2000.00]   till the BK falls off.    

Must have been lucky to get the card in the first place?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Re: AMX CLI declined

I was denied also due to my BK. I hadn't heard of this before a couple of weeks ago. Someone posted on one of the threads that Amex won't give a CLI until the BK falls off. Luckily I'm about 9-12 months out from that.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 2 of 13
Samac
Regular Contributor

I've had the card for over a year and a half. They refuse to budge from 3000 when all my other cards (minus store cards) are now 6000+
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to increase mine from the paltry 500 sl they gave me and was denied. Chase recently upped one of my cards to 3500 and my score is at 700 or right around it. Once the 10% at restaurants is over I might close it if they don't up that low limit
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@medicgrrl wrote:
I was denied also due to my BK. I hadn't heard of this before a couple of weeks ago. Someone posted on one of the threads that Amex won't give a CLI until the BK falls off. Luckily I'm about 9-12 months out from that.

Well POOP.  I am under 30 days from my 61 and I was gonna do the CLI ... now I guess I can, but apparently will be declined since my 13 is a year from falling off?   Womp Womp.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd wait and see if others say the same thing "No CLI with BK showing"

I'd think this would have come up before, and I don't recall seeing it in the 3x thread...?

Message 6 of 13
luxeprw9
Frequent Contributor

This happened to me as well.  I'm okay with it; mostly happy that I was able to obtain the card in the first place since, although I didn't include them in my BK, I do have a past CO with them.  We'll see what happens when my BK13 falls off early next year.  I mostly use my AMEX cards for travel, so the low SL ($1,800) is perfect for vacation budgeting.

FICO Score 8 as of 07/23/18
EQ - 770
EX - 757
TU - 741
Goal: 800
Message 7 of 13
mavric
New Contributor

UPDATE......  Called AMEX  ,Sent over to CLI dept  .  It is AMEX  policy to decline all CLI  with a BK showing on credit report.    

In short ....  BE happy with what you have , till the BK fall's off your credit report.  

Message 8 of 13
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Thanks for checking on that and reporting back!

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very disheartening to me.  Of course Ive seen a number of threads were people were told things on the phone, including things about BKs, and then a few posts later you see a post saying that it depends on the CSR you speak with.  This may or may not be one of those cases, but I'm hoping it is.  

I'm also curious if there is any difference between the products on such policies, or if it's one size fits all?  I get a decision on my AMEX app within the next 10 or so hours, and I'd like to have some good news to go with it.  Ive seen an inordinate amount of 13s to 7s so far, so I'm hoping some more data rolls in...kind of like waiting for more counties to report on election night.  

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.