Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPLIED FOR BARCLAYS CARD...HELP!

tag
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Re: APPLIED FOR BARCLAYS CARD...HELP!

You applied for the MC for average credit, right?

Hmm, I got approved for $1500 for the Rewards MC with just 6 months history of an auto loan...have you pulled your report and made sure there's nothing there that shouldn't be there and everything that should be there is there? I think it's weird that they wouldn't even give you a $500 starting limit (or do they start at $250?). 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 21 of 45
S-Hunter
Established Member

I have an auto loan paid off...I'm debt free...I just turned 29 and just recently applied for credit cards so...and the rep explained to me that although I've been doing a good job of staying current, the time frame is not long enough credit card wise.

I guess I'll just do what everyone is suggesting and garden the two I have. I just applied for a NFCU gorewards @10K and the 15K LOC. so..I can let those garden, really just trying to improve my credit file so I can look even better when I apply for a mortgage in about two years.

thanks for your input.

Message 22 of 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

@S-Hunter wrote:

Amex declined. A little timid to apply for others

Why would you apply for amex with no credit history Smiley Sad thats hittingyourself in the foot

Message 23 of 45
S-Hunter
Established Member

I applied because I wanted to! Do not reply unless you can offer some insight! Good day!

Message 24 of 45
Nw2Fico

Discover may end up with secured card, Have you tried Chase Freedom, it was my first card. Chase seems to be pushing it aggressively, it was a mastercard version. Other option is the CapOne Journey, Try and stay away from the toy comenity cards that are non VS/MC. Time is everything with Credit, have to start somewhere. Good luck. Wish MBNA was around they would probably have given you a decent card and limit. BofA purchased them in 2006, they can be easy to work with too. Probably more so then Barclay's. Analyst at recon, have broad authority to overturn computer decisions. Barclay's is a much smaller CC lender compared to BofA. With the recent DOJ Action and fines, in the quarterly shareholders earnings call, CC division outperformed many of the others. Good luck

Message 25 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@S-Hunter wrote:

Why would you apply for amex with no credit history Smiley Sad thats hittingyourself in the foot

and that's not true... I have seen people post here getting approved with no credit

Message 26 of 45
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@S-Hunter wrote:

and that's not true... I have seen people post here getting approved with no credit

No way, Barclay will not approve someone with NO CREDIT.

If you read it!! it 's a LIE.

Message 27 of 45
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@S-Hunter wrote:

no amex, not barclay!

Message 28 of 45
baller4life
Super Contributor

Barclays is very strict on wanting to see cc history. I finally got one with 6 months. Some have even had to show a yr. Amex appears to be more lenient than Sir Barclays. Weird. Smiley Frustrated
Message 29 of 45
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@S-Hunter wrote:

no amex, not barclay!

Neither one will approve with no Credit history.

A College student, may be approved! for the Dicover student card with no credit history, in my opinion.

Message 30 of 45
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.