cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

APPROVED!! PRG AMEX edit:Chance of getting approved for AMEX gold premier rewards charge card?

tag
MT936
Established Contributor

APPROVED!! PRG AMEX edit:Chance of getting approved for AMEX gold premier rewards charge card?

EDIT: I JUST GOT INSTANT RUSH APPROVAL ON MY GOLD PREMIER AMEX AND RUSH DELIVERY!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I am 21 years old with a FICO credit score of 750. I currently have 5 credit cards.. 

Amex blue cash everyday 5k

Chase freedom 2.5k

Discover it 2.5k

Barclays card 1.3k

Bank card $500

Average age of accounts 2 years.

I have been building credit for about 4 years with 100% on time payments paid in full and no derogatory marks.

Annual income $25,000

What is really making me unsure about approval is my low income. I would like to know my chances of getting approved for the amex gold premier rewards charge card and any feedback or suggestions you all can provide. 

Thanks 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Re: Chance of getting approved for AMEX gold premier rewards charge card?

Instant approval is my guess.  Those cards are easy to get. Really easy. Maybe their easiest card.  I know someone that had like a 680 FICO and bad stuff on the report. He got approved.

Message 2 of 19
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I would say easy approval as well.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 19
TheFate
Established Contributor

Not sure why you would doubt yourself on getting a Charge card when you have the Amex Blue and your credit is good

Are you worried because of your income?

Message 4 of 19
MT936
Established Contributor

yes because of my low income 

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 5 of 19
Bman70
Established Contributor

Try the preapproval site, but even without it I think you're good to go

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 6 of 19
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@MT936 wrote:

Its a nice card to have but its not worth it unless you are a big spender. I got declined for it back in jan probably the best thing that happened to me. Not worth 175 af. Why not try to get the BCE?

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 7 of 19
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Your scores are great. But yes, your income may be a little issue. However, they would probably still approve you. 

May I ask why you would like the PRG? Do the benefits outweigh the annual fee for you?

Message 8 of 19
MT936
Established Contributor

they do outweigh the AF because my parents travel a lot and I plan on giving both of them one from my account so they can take advantage of the travel benefits and personally for me I think it would be really cool to have one for myself if in the future I do some traveling like vacations or something of the sort

Message 9 of 19
manyquestions
Established Contributor

@MT936 wrote:

They can give it to you with a limit of $500 if they are worried about that.  It might not be instant approval but I would be shocked if you don't get approved for a charge card while having a revolving card with them and a clean credit report..

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.