Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advice on Ritz Carlton app

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Advice on Ritz Carlton app

ok, So earlier today I applied for CHase amazon Prime siggy. Had to call in for recon but was approved for $4,000 SL. After reading the forums I saw chase will only use one inq for cards applied within a short time frame. I went ahead and applied for the RItz Carlton card. ( My dream card) Got the 30 day message and imediately a 30 day email.  Waited a little while and called the robo number and got the message "Will hear from us in writting in two weeks".... I've read that the 7-10day message is a denial but other responses are not. Can anyone give me some advice on if I should call the recon line or if I should let it play out? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Re: Advice on Ritz Carlton app

IMO, let it play out.  There have been several threads and discussions about Chase and the value of waiting to see what happens.  YMMV.  Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got impatient and called the verification line. They put me on hold and said" I would be receiving a letter in 14 days" she then said no decision had been made yet but if I wanted an immediate decisionshe could transfer me to lending. I told her to have a nice day and hung up. Think I'm going to wait it out
Message 3 of 4
vooreskie
Valued Member

Wait it out. Wait for letter in mail before speaking to lending.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.