Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx CLI offer

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

AmEx CLI offer

Reiceved and accepted:

In appreciation of your history with us, you're invited to increase your credit limit by $2000 on your American Express® account

Fine print:
You will be approved for the credit line increase as long as none of the following apply: You have recently filed for bankruptcy, you have become past due on any American Express account since we identified you for this offer, your overall debt obligations are high relative to your income, or your credit limit has increased since we identified you for this offer.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: AmEx CLI offer

@ficojoe wrote:
Reiceved and accepted:

In appreciation of your history with us, you're invited to increase your credit limit by $2000 on your American Express® account

Fine print:
You will be approved for the credit line increase as long as none of the following apply: You have recently filed for bankruptcy, you have become past due on any American Express account since we identified you for this offer, your overall debt obligations are high relative to your income, or your credit limit has increased since we identified you for this offer.

Sounds like you have not been going to Amex AT ALL for your credit line increases and they finally thought they would lead the horse to water Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 12
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:
Reiceved and accepted:

Fine print:

Congrats Smiley Happy on the auto luv from Amex

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 3 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 4 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 5 of 12
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats!
Message 6 of 12
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Actually they denied my last CLI request. But I asked for a whole lot more than 2k last time.
Message 7 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

more than 3x current CLI last time?

what is current CL?

Message 9 of 12
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

more than 3x current CLI last time?

what is current CL?

I just went from $6,000 to $8,000

I think I tried to go from $6,000 to $18,000 last time. I assumed if they wanted to let me have less, they would have made a counter offer, but they didn't...

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.