Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AmEx Delta Skymiles Blue...REJECTED.

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

AmEx Delta Skymiles Blue...REJECTED.

Last mointh or so, I got a email advert/offer for Delta AmEx Skymiles Blue.

I waited until the last minute beofre applying (this month) so as to have the frshest FICo score for them to review.

Applied for the card, got the 7-10 message, and minutes later the rejection notice:

>>> Our evaluation of the inquiries on your credit report based on the number, type and recency. (Experian)
Too few established accounts or insufficient account information. (Experian)
Your FICO® score (see below)
Minimal or low credit limits. (Experian) <<<

Currently, my score EX is 627. I have less than 3 inquires showing . I have 1 CO (Fingerhut, from 2015), I have 3 Accounts, Discover Secured, OpenSky & Capital One Platinum (Restricted, but still reporting $0 bal, and account is good till June)...Recently got a QS1 card, but not showing on CR yet.

Is it worth trying to  get a Recon for this card, or should I wait 6 months and try again?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: AmEx Delta Skymiles Blue...REJECTED.

How old are your current open credit cards ?
Amex likes to see a year of history. Probably even more so with a chargeoff in 2015.

You can try. But Amex recon is normally another hard pull and they aren’t very good with recon’s. They normally stand by the computer.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails arent worth much I would think. Depends on the wording. Specific APR etc. Did you check website for prequal before applying? To be honest your score isn't high enough and your account history IS too short. I would not suggest a recon. Just wait til you have at least a year of history and build your score up off of those 3 cards you have. It'll be about a year from now but just be patient and you'll get in. That's exactly what I did. 

Message 3 of 11
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Your score is a little low for Amex.. wait until you are 675ish, and you might see an Approval
However the CO and the lack of other major TL’s might make it almost impossible to recon when combined with your score
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of your denial.  I recently was approved for the BCE with an EX 673 score and no pre quals.  I have read others were approved at around 650 EX scores in certain instances.  

Message 5 of 11
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

It’s possible to get in with Amex at low scores. I got the Delta Gold at 610 EX with 4 collections. I was Prequalified though.
2 from 2012
1 from 2015
1 from 2014

I also had 4 old but closed positive tradelines. Those accounts were open for 2-3 years.
And 3 newer tradelines that were positive open for 3-5 months.

Was an AU for 2 months on a 22K limit Amex. Only person who used the card and made all payments through my own login.

So it’s possible. But for you at this point, recon isn’t looking good. You don’t have enough positive history and have a recent chargeoff.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 6 of 11
drboxing
Established Contributor

Id wait until your scores are up around 670 or so, then reapply. Now I have a 3 AMEX cards but prior to getting those, I applied and was denied multiple times.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:
Id wait until your scores are up around 670 or so, then reapply. Now I have a 3 AMEX cards but prior to getting those, I applied and was denied multiple times.

Same here.. 640 I got denied for the BCE. Around 650ish I got approved for a mere 1K SL. Stuck it out for a yr, I received an offer for Amex Plat and my score was probably around 660ish. Appd and Approved, after 6 months I received my first even Auto CLI from Amex on the BCE for an extra 1K making my SL 2K, I countered 7K and they approve me for 4K. My EX score last month was hovering 679 I appd for the Amex Skymiles Gold and was approved for 1K.

Thinking of apping for the Everyday card so I can cancel my Amex Plat.. Hesitant and probably not a good idea.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same score and was thinking about applying. Don't have any pre-qualify offers either and two collections and two charge offs. How many Inquiries did you have
Message 9 of 11
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Remember to use AmEx prequal tool. If it’s a solid APR or small variation, then it’s a good sign. Otherwise hold off till it pops up. 

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.