Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Chase = No Go :(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Chase = No Go :(

Just called in, they denied the app with the reason stated as the two inquiries/approvals for the Freedom and Slate within the past 30 days. And because there hasnt been any usage or payment history established. (Just got the cards a couple of weeks ago)

I told the rep that I would be consolidating the Slate and only keeping the Freedom. 

Still a no go....I really want this card

19 REPLIES 19
rlx01
Established Contributor

Re: Amazon Chase = No Go :(

2/30 is well known. Just wait until you're clear and app again.
Message 2 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Or after 30 days you can try another recon and might be approved or as stated if that is a no go then re-apply and most likely tou will get it

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep Chase will say no to more than 2 cards in one month.
Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only took one hit for the Freedom and Slate (Experian)

but a second hit for the Amazon Visa. I want to avoid a 3rd hit for sure.

So I hope I can recon this same app after 30 days, but Im guessing they will want to pull it again. 

Message 5 of 20
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

2 Chase cards opened in the last 30 days You tell the rep that you are already looking to close one of the accounts and want to open a new 3rd account?  Excuse me but your heading straight for AA closures (IMO)

Slow down

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is AA closures?

Please keep in mind that some of us are still learning the ropes for rebuilding. A little kindness and patience would be appreciated.

This is my first real card outside of the Capital One credit steps. So YES, I am excited. But NO Im not intentionally trying to mess stuff up. That's why we all come here to talk to you guys and seek help. Not judgement. 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What is AA closures?

Please keep in mind that some of us are still learning the ropes for rebuilding. A little kindness and patience would be appreciated.

This is my first real card outside of the Capital One credit steps. So YES, I am excited. But NO Im not intentionally trying to mess stuff up. That's why we all come here to talk to you guys and seek help. Not judgement. 

AA closure is when Adverse Action, it would be when a Bank closes your account or lowers your credit limit due to risky behavior. I think your fine, I got about 4 cards from Chase in a 2 month period back in Jan/Feb of 2016 so I would say your okay. 

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had I known this card was rolling out, I never would have applied for the Freedom or Slate period. I dont need 2 or 3 Chase cards. 

However, I use Amazon regularly, that card would be of some benefit. 

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Had I known this card was rolling out, I never would have applied for the Freedom or Slate period. I dont need 2 or 3 Chase cards. 

However, I use Amazon regularly, that card would be of some benefit. 

If its the 5% CB your after go for the Prime Card for now from Sync bank. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.