Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Prime Visa Signature denial

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Prime Visa Signature denial

wrote:

So the Chase Amazon VISA Signature isn't a 5/24 rule card?  Are there other Chase branded cards that are also not 5/24?  I myself was denied Chase Slate on January 12th and am waiting the 30 days to apply for another Chase card and it would be nice to know what other branded cards might be available outside of the 5/24 rule.

Chase Amazon is not restricted by 5/24. Other co-branded cards that currently don't get 5/24 restriction are IHG, Hyatt, British Airways, Disney, Ritz-Carlton and AARP, but it's possible that they get 5/24 rule added at a later time.

Chase Slate does have 5/24 rule but you would have to check with the denial letter to see if they actually denied you because of 5/24.

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

My oldest card is 20 yrs old.

Called Chase and they notified me they still have three charge-off in their system, which is from 2011 and which I already paid those off. They pulled my Experian report, but those charge-off are not in there. Bad relation I guess from almost 7 years ago. They're still salty I guess.

I called recon, but they won't budge.

You paid off all 3?  Did their records show that?  Were they paid in full, or settled?

Message 12 of 16
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

7-10 day notice, which is automatic denial according to this forum. I don't think this card is part of the 5/24 rule. I don't really know what they don't like in my credit profile since I'm have great credit score. Oh well. 

• 6% utilization
  • 30 days late payment 6 years ago...shouldn't matter.

Nope, doesn’t fall under 5/24.

share more about you CR please. 🙂

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was recently denied the Amazon Prime Visa. The reasons they gave me were too many recent requests for credit/too many recent accounts - I'd opened 4 since July last year, and actually applied for the CSP just a few minutes before the Amazon card (both online) in order to combine hard pulls. I was actually approved for the CSP, although not automatically - I had to wait for a letter in the mail. But even when I called the reconsideration line, they didn't approve me for this card - I even offered to close one of my other Chase cards! So 5 cards opened between July and February, including a business card, and they said it was too much activity to open the Amazon, even though I was approved for the CSP. Go figure; but I'd rather have the CSP so meh. I did some plotting, and between my other cards, I should be able to cover Amazon well enough, so screw it.

I actually got the Amazon Prime card in July, even got the gift card sign up bonus and the physical card, but for whatever reason Chase thought there was fraud, even though I called them multiple times to explain otherwise. The card was never activated, there was never even a hard inquiry or anything about the card on my report. So overall I'm kind of done hassling with this card: nice freebie  $70 amazon gift card though!

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrote:

wrote:

Called Chase and they notified me they still have three charge-off in their system, which is from 2011 and which I already paid those off. They pulled my Experian report, but those charge-off are not in there. Bad relation I guess from almost 7 years ago. They're still salty I guess.

You paid off all 3?  Did their records show that?  Were they paid in full, or settled?

Chase sold my account to a collection agency. Paid the collection. And, no, they don't show I paid the balance.

Message 15 of 16
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Chase sold my account to a collection agency. Paid the collection. And, no, they don't show I paid the balance.

Did they ever say how long it would take to get off the blacklist?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.