Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa - DENIAL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Visa - DENIAL?

I had the same messages, I waited a few days and they ended up calling me to confirm my identity and that I was the one that app'd for the card.  Once I went through all of their verifications, I was approved.  I would give it a few days and call, if they don't call you first. 

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

What worries me is when calling me 7-10 days versus when I fill out the application that in the end told me 30 days
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, what ever happened? Did you get approved?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the same today and first it said 30 days and then switched to 2 weeks. Pulled EX 684 and TU at 710 with 2 paid charge offs; UTI is 10%, 6 cards in the last 3 months and AAoA is 3 years and 3 months. I called the Recon Line and they said it was denied. Asked for the recon and after being on the phone for 20 mins still DENIED. Reason: Too much available credit; not enough usage, too many new accounts. They asked me about late payments in 2007 and the disputed information on my CR that I am challenging. I am very disappointed in chase even though I paid my car loan through them from back in 2012-2016 with excellent payment history. Very picky and sensitive lender; I'm never wasting another inquiry with them. Like they put customer is dog houses; as of today they are on my blacklist. I will take my business happily to AMEX, NFCU and PenFed.

While this post is several weeks old, I did want to remark on the part about "too many new accounts" being one of the reasons cited for your denial. There are a number of issuers - Penfed, in fact, is (or was; some recent reports indicate they've relaxed on this point) one of them - that are sensitive to a large number of new accounts acquired within too short a timeframe (as defined by them). The reason is that getting too many accounts in too short a period of time is seen by many issuers as being an indicator that the applicant may be overanxious for some reason to get as much credit as possible, which puts up red flags of possible financial problems. You didn't mention what cards you'd recently gotten, but it's well-known that getting an excessive number of store/retail cards, via the Shopping Cart Trick or otherwise, is looked upon with disfavor by many lenders.

All that being said, Chase is well-known for being VERY sensitive to baddies on your report, especially if those were incurred by you against them (for instance, they're liable to auto-deny you if you ever burned them in a BK). It's quite unusual that a lender would ask you about late payments from 10 years ago, since generally the only items that stay on your report that long are bankruptcies. However, if you incurred those late payments against Chase, I suppose it's possible they may have kept their own records. All that adds up, for me, to staying away from them, since I did burn them on a Visa in my 2014 BK and thus there's no percentage in trying them anytime in the near future at least.

Message 14 of 15
CrankyDave
Regular Contributor

All that being said, Chase is well-known for being VERY sensitive to baddies on your report, especially if those were incurred by you against them (for instance, they're liable to auto-deny you if you ever burned them in a BK). It's quite unusual that a lender would ask you about late payments from 10 years ago, since generally the only items that stay on your report that long are bankruptcies. However, if you incurred those late payments against Chase, I suppose it's possible they may have kept their own records. All that adds up, for me, to staying away from them, since I did burn them on a Visa in my 2014 BK and thus there's no percentage in trying them anytime in the near future at least.

Man, that's a bummer to hear. I'm planning to apply for a two or three new cards in the coming months because my current three seem to have hit a ceiling in terms of growth. I'd like to get the Chase Amazon card since I shop there so often, but I kinda had a $1600 CO with them back in 2011. Not a huge amount, but it sounds like they hold a grudge.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.