Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Visa - DENIAL?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon Visa - DENIAL?

Just applied for the Chase Amazon Visa and got this message:

Thank you for applying for the Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card .. Unfortunately, an immediate decision about your application can not be provided as it requires further review. You will be notified in writing about the status of your application within 30 days.
But when I call the automated system tells me that it is under review and that I will get a reply by mail in 7 to 10 days.

I already have Chase Freedom Unlimited with them. I will have luck?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amazon Visa - DENIAL?

I'd call the backdoor number for the LO in the backdoor thread and see if they need anything. 

What are are your current scores, utilization etc...

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equafax 678, Experian 703, Fico 710 .. 4% utilization
Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax* sorry 😂😂
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you apply directly on chase.com or the link when you are logged in to your Amazon account?

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon account
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Others have reported that a 30-day answer is a good sign, indicating that your application will be approved and they just need more information (in which case you should by all means be proactive, call them and ask them if you can help them with gathering the data they need). The 7-10 day message is worrisome, on the other hand; 7-10 days is almost stereotypically a denial indicator. I'd call them to sort out which is which.

Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The message that appears after filling the application is general when it says the 30 days .. or can say 7 to 10 days?
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the number that is on my card and the representative tells me that it is under review that I will know about them very soon by mail. I think it's a denial.
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for the same today and first it said 30 days and then switched to 2 weeks. Pulled EX 684 and TU at 710 with 2 paid charge offs; UTI is 10%, 6 cards in the last 3 months and AAoA is 3 years and 3 months. I called the Recon Line and they said it was denied. Asked for the recon and after being on the phone for 20 mins still DENIED. Reason: Too much available credit; not enough usage, too many new accounts. They asked me about late payments in 2007 and the disputed information on my CR that I am challenging. I am very disappointed in chase even though I paid my car loan through them from back in 2012-2016 with excellent payment history. Very picky and sensitive lender; I'm never wasting another inquiry with them. Like they put customer is dog houses; as of today they are on my blacklist. I will take my business happily to AMEX, NFCU and PenFed.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.