Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express CLI- denial?

tag
Random_idiot
Established Contributor

American Express CLI- denial?

Got denied I think 2 month-ish ago for a CLI, obviously I thought because I had a balance of 1k out of 3k, and it even said it for denial reasons. Was happy last month, because I PIF my balance, and when I requested it a few days ago, it said denial because I have to wait 3 months after initial denial. Wth lol

Anyone have experience with this?

Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: American Express CLI- denial?

Thats probably it. But if you applied again and got denied i think now you have to stsrt again and give it 90 or 91 days from denial. I have to do the same lol. Sometimes patience isnt as easy as the virtueSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's policy with Amex. After your first denial you have to wait 91 days to request again. The fact that you just requested prior to the 91 day mark does not reset the clock. Just wait and apply 91 days after your first denial and you should be ok-) 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Read this thread before doing anything else.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.