Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Credit Application for low 600's credit score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Credit Application for low 600's credit score

I've been rebuilding my credit since August i'm currently in the low 600's. However I have a navy federal credit card with a limit of $6,000 and also a line of credit $500. And 10 comenity bank store cards which zero balance's(less than $10)0 except for two. I have a bunch of inquiries and a few baddies that are slated two fall off in july. My question is what would be a ideal amex card to apply for?
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Credit Application for low 600's credit score

@Anonymous wrote:
I've been rebuilding my credit since August i'm currently in the low 600's. However I have a navy federal credit card with a limit of $6,000 and also a line of credit $500. And 10 comenity bank store cards which zero balance's(less than $10)0 except for two. I have a bunch of inquiries and a few baddies that are slated two fall off in july. My question is what would be a ideal amex card to apply for?

How low are your Fico scores, what exactly are the baddies, and what constitutes a "bunch" of inquires?  Also, what's your overall utilization like?

Message 2 of 46
Booboo71
Established Contributor

Not sure if any would be available to you at this time. Maybe someone else can shine some light on this?

Message 3 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Green or gold charge. And even then it's iffy. Once your baddies fall off you'll be good. Easiest revolver to get is probably gold delta. But less than 650 and you probably won't get a whole lot from amex. Check prequal. If your income is high, you'll be better off.
Message 4 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

And to clarify, I can almost guarantee you won't get gold delta right now. Green is the most likely
Message 5 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

i would wait for the baddies to fall off. specially since they are several 

i had one collection and i was not approved for the charge cards until the they were removed 

Message 6 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

My utilization is 25% on my navy federal

Message 7 of 46
elim
Senior Contributor

i would keep gardening all those store cards and pay down the $1500 you owe on the navy.

by then the baddie should fall off and you can take your pic of what card you want.

Message 8 of 46
mossmanb5
Established Contributor

i was approved for my amex delta gold back in april 14 with a exp 635 score with 17 inqs but only a 1k starting limit. might want to wait till july to be more sure. i got lucky.

72 cards and done 312,800 in available credit
0.5% uti / 2.2 aaoa
eq 698 / ex 712 / tu 729

inqs= eq 48 / ex 35 / tu 15
Message 9 of 46
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I got the Delta and declined the Green when I first got in with Amex at 660 Ex Score,  So in my experience the Delta was the easiest to get although it was only a 1k imit.  After 1.5 months I didn't try for the charge card and applied for the ED card at 665 EX score and got 10k.  I think this probably has to do with a bit of history with Amex and a fairly high income on the 2nd card.  Not sure if I would of been approved for even the Green or PRG then either, didn't want it after I saw the 10k.  AF or no AF hmmm.

Message 10 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.