Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 3X CLI with decrease in income?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 3X CLI with decrease in income?

It is time for my Amex 60-day 3X CLI.  However, within the last 60 days, I stopped working my second job which was part-time. My ncome is now lower by 30%.  Will this change in income hurt my chances for 3X CLI.  I noticed that the online credit increase request asks for income amount. 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex 3X CLI with decrease in income?

In your case I would put down the amount that is on your tax return incase they ask for proof?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That makes sense.  I'll just put what my income is now and see what happens.  If I want to close one Amex and move the limit to another Amex, should I request CLI on both cards first? Or should I close and transfer first?

Message 3 of 9
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It is time for my Amex 60-day 3X CLI.  However, within the last 60 days, I stopped working my second job which was part-time. My ncome is now lower by 30%.  Will this change in income hurt my chances for 3X CLI.  I noticed that the online credit increase request asks for income amount. 

Don't have an answer for you, but I think it's a great question. I hear Amex is strict with income amounts and have read posts about their financial audits. I wonder how their algorithms flag for such things. Best of luck! Pease keep us posted!

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mortimerwereback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't have an answer for you, but I think it's a great question. I hear Amex is strict with income amounts and have read posts about their financial audits. I wonder how their algorithms flag for such things. Best of luck! Pease keep us posted!

Ok I will keep you all posted.  I just obtained information on how to contact Amex CLI dept.  I think I might talk to them first.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Count me among the people denied 3X CLI after 60 days.  AMEX stated I had too many recent inquiries and new accounts. Oh well.  I really don't need any more credit. I was just trying to pad my utilization.  They didn't mention my decrease in income at all.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Count me among the people denied 3X CLI after 60 days.  AMEX stated I had too many recent inquiries and new accounts. Oh well.  I really don't need any more credit. I was just trying to pad my utilization.  They didn't mention my decrease in income at all.

Sorry to hear....join me in the garden..we can keep each oSmiley Happyther company...lol...

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear....join me in the garden..we can keep each oSmiley Happyther company...lol...

Sounds like a great plan!!!

Message 8 of 9
mortimerwereback
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, same thing I would've been trying to accomplish. May I ask, how many inquiries and accounts did Amex consider "too many?"

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly." -Robert F. Kennedy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.