Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval with 3 judgements and a chargeoff

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Approval with 3 judgements and a chargeoff

Hi All

I applied and was approved for American Express PRG and gold Delta sky miles card on 7/4/13. My delta card was only for 1000.00 but hey its a start, I am assuming that my prg will be a NPSL, but won't know until it comes in the mail. I also applied for citi, chase,and discover, probably should have waited until AE reported. Once AE does report, will that open opportunities up with the other prime cards, such as those above? I have on my EXP credit report 1 pd tax lien, 2 pd judgements, 3 pd collections, and 3 pd chargeoffs. So I am very lucky to get my foot in the door. My income is 100,000+. 

Can someone give me tips on what  I can do to get the 3x limit at 60 days, I plan on using both, and paying off both in full each month. I am continuing to work on my utilization also.

on another note, over the past 3 years, I have probably applied for AE at least 6 times, always rejected, I also had 2 pd collections on the other small credit report(dont remember the name of company) that they pull from, but I am certain that they fell off this year. I heard if you had any badies on that report, that it was a definate no.

Just wanted to share my experience.

When does the 61 days start?  The day I was approved?   My deltaskymiles card is showing up on the website, It says "MEMBER SINCE 1984"   Will both my cards have that date, since I had an Americn Express Gold back then??????   Does this add time to the AAOA?????   Does American Express report to all three credit reporting agencies?????  my old card doesn't show on TU, but still showson Exp, and Equfax.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 21 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@traveler2005

Amex PRG, like all charge cards will have NPSL. baddies doesn't necessarily preclude you from approval. The severity and the age of the baddie will determine approval.
To answer your questions about req a CLI, I'll refer you to this thread.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/td-p/1811071
Message 22 of 31
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats!  This gives me hope.Smiley Very Happy

Message 23 of 31
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Approval with 3 judgments and a chargeoff

I just checked my reports and discovered that Amex pulled from all three credit bureaus when I applied this week. I thought they only pulled from Experian?

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 24 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 25 of 31
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

I have a paid charge off in may and my last late was 9 months ago. Possible approval? I have some recently opened TL. My CU visa and a few comenity cards since January with the visa in June. Thank You
Message 26 of 31
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

I hate triple pulls. Cap One is infamous for doing that. 

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 27 of 31
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ktm214

IMO, put some age between the paid CO, new accts before apping.
Message 28 of 31
ktm214
Frequent Contributor

Ok. Thank you Lexie
Message 29 of 31
traveler2005
Established Contributor

Hi

Just wanted to let you know that American Express pulled Experian only once, no other CRA pulls. So I got two accounts with one pull, is this common???

Once American Express reports, will this open up more opportunities with other companies such as chase, I would really like a freedom card, but can't seem to get my foot in the door. Any  idea's???

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.