Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approval odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE approval odds

Hi first post!

Just trying to gage whether I should app for the bce or hold off on it. My current experian score is 670 with 4 inquiries. My report is clean except I have two 120 day lates on a student loan from Feb 2014. I currently have only one credit card which is the discover it that I've had for one year with a cl of 1800.

Other than that I have an auto loan from 2 months ago. My utilization was 4% but this month I paid my bill before my statement cut and now it reported 0%.

I am prequalified on american expresses website for the bce at 12.99% Apr and 150 for spending 500. The bcp also for 12.99 and 250 for 1000. And the green card.

Think I have good odds or should I wait a bit???

Thanks for any help!! This is an awesome forum!
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE approval odds

If you are pre-qualified, I'd go for it as their pre-equal are very solid.  Report back with results if you do..

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app yet?

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you app yet?

Hahahahaha.. Wondering so myself..Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I haven't yet. I'm at work till midnight. I'm kinda nervous my original plan was to wait till my scores got up to like 690 but I'm afraid the current offer might go away
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Lol I haven't yet. I'm at work till midnight. I'm kinda nervous my original plan was to wait till my scores got up to like 690 but I'm afraid the current offer might go away

I do all my apps from work! What's the holdup?

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

nothing like getting paid to be approved for a card lol. you should be fine if they gave you a specific rate. i would be surprised if you didn't get it
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK so I went on to apply for the card this morning and something weird happened. I went into my prequalified offers and clicked apply. Filled out the app then when I submitted it I got a message saying. Were sorry out system is currently down please try again later or call and apply over the phone. I figured I'd wait and apply again later. So I went to my prequalified offers to apply again but now all the prequalified offers I had are gone.
Anyone know why this happened?? Nothing on my report has changed so I'm kinda confused.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
OK so I went on to apply for the card this morning and something weird happened. I went into my prequalified offers and clicked apply. Filled out the app then when I submitted it I got a message saying. Were sorry out system is currently down please try again later or call and apply over the phone. I figured I'd wait and apply again later. So I went to my prequalified offers to apply again but now all the prequalified offers I had are gone.
Anyone know why this happened?? Nothing on my report has changed so I'm kinda confused.

@Anonymous,

Call and talk to them to see if the application went through... Report back on what they say if you don't mind.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called and the application did not go through. Also he wasn't able to tell me any reason why my prequals dissapeared. I called the backdoor number for application status that I found on this forum. He was pretty hard to understand due to his accent though. Maybe this is a sign I should hold off on applying
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.