tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex BCE offer $250 cash back after $1K spend

Worth it 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 23
Shock
Established Contributor

Mines was only for 100 bucks cash back bonus. Can i have them match this as I am still a new cardholder (2/2014)?

I did the same with my Freedom and they matched it no problem.

photo myfico_zpsd00088cb.jpg
Message 12 of 23
ottergo4
Contributor

Just curious tac111 or anyone else who got this offer, are you an Amex member already ? I got the same offer about a month ago, have had Zync for around 3 years- applied and got instant approval.

Message 13 of 23
DrZoidberg
Established Contributor

That's a nice deal. I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Message 14 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@Shock wrote:

Mines was only for 100 bucks cash back bonus. Can i have them match this as I am still a new cardholder (2/2014)?

I did the same with my Freedom and they matched it no problem.

Amex will not do this. You can try, but it will fail. Smiley Sad Sorry.

Message 15 of 23
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Message 16 of 23
tac111

Thanks for all the great advice.  I haven't applied yet - but plan on it in the next few weeks (probably sooner).   I have never had an AMEX card and wasn't sure if I even wanted one.  I've been overloaded with offers from them for quite a few different cards - but have never applied. 

I will say that this particular card with the $250 cash back really got my attention.   I promise to update with results after I apply.

Thanks again to all for sharing your knowledge!

Message 17 of 23
tac111

Well - here's the update I promised:

I applied on Sunday afternoon and was instantly approved.  As most of you probably know - AMEX does not provide the credit limit in the approval email.   I called a few different times yesterday - and the rep(s) couldn't even find my application.  I explained that I already received an email regarding approval - and even provided the last five digits of the account number that was included in the email.   No such luck -  lesson learned - DON'T APPLY FOR AMEX ON A SUNDAY - especially if your new to AMEX.

Anyway - I called this morning and was pleasantly surprised by a $15,000 credit limit.   I'll probably never go for an increase - it's actually more than I'll ever need. LOL - but is was VERY exciting to get such a high limit on my very first AMEX card.

Thanks again for all your help and advice!!!

Message 18 of 23
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Wow...really tempting. Really hope that the Everyday eventually has a limited offer like this too. I guess they are relying on the novelty hype at the moment.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 19 of 23
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

@tac111 wrote:

Well - here's the update I promised:

I applied on Sunday afternoon and was instantly approved.  As most of you probably know - AMEX does not provide the credit limit in the approval email.   I called a few different times yesterday - and the rep(s) couldn't even find my application.  I explained that I already received an email regarding approval - and even provided the last five digits of the account number that was included in the email.   No such luck -  lesson learned - DON'T APPLY FOR AMEX ON A SUNDAY - especially if your new to AMEX.

Anyway - I called this morning and was pleasantly surprised by a $15,000 credit limit.   I'll probably never go for an increase - it's actually more than I'll ever need. LOL - but is was VERY exciting to get such a high limit on my very first AMEX card.

Thanks again for all your help and advice!!!

Nice CL! Congrats

Amex EX FICO: 744 GE TU FICO: 716 Gardening:
Amex Everyday 5.5k | Amex BCE 2k | Citi DP 6k | Amazon Rewards 2.5k | Walmart DC 1.2k | Best Buy Rewards 4k | Cap1 QSone 1k | NYMCU .5k
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.