cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED RSVP Mailer after One Month with BCE, what to do?

tag
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Amex ED RSVP Mailer after One Month with BCE, what to do?

Hi All, thanks in advance for any replies. I JUST was approved for my first Amex card (BCE @ $2000). Today I recieved a "prescreened" offer to app for the ED. My initial plan was to stick to the 3x CLI strategy found on this board with my BCE. So...

Is there ANY problem with apping for the ED? Would applying screw up my 3x CLI attempt next month? Could I open and (if approved) combine the limits in the near future? The cards are a little redundant for me, but if I could combine down the road that would be spendid.

Any speculation on approval odds? For reference, my fico's are in the 720-760 range, utilization is at 3%, no baddies but 5 inquiries on EX (744).

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex ED RSVP Mailer after One Month with BCE, what to do?

I’m not for sure about any of this, but based off what i’ve Read on this forum and my personal experience with Amex.

App’ing for the ED card shouldn’t mess up your chances of getting the 3X CLI, but understand that Amex will only give you one CLI every 6 months across all accounts. Including business cards. So you will have to choose which account you want the CLI on.

The donor account must be open for 13 months in order to transfer credit from one account to another.

The underwriting criteria for the BCE and ED cards should be about the same. I’ve read that the ED is a bit easier to get but based off the personal experience and a discussion with Amex new accounts. They both have the same criteria since they are both considered every day cards. Just different reward structure. One is MR points and one is cash.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 3
Billharrell
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex ED RSVP Mailer after One Month with BCE, what to do?

Thanks for the reply. As it turns out I ended up applying for the PRG and was accepted. After numerous failed attempts at entering my info for the ED (including RSVP #) online, I just app'd for the PRG cold, which is a better fit for me.

Called CS to determine spending power and was told $5000, which is a good bit higher than my BCE limit of $2000, so I'm a happy camper. I'm going to hold off on anything else until after I try for the 61 day CLI on the BCE. Thanks again!

2/18 FICO 8's:
EX(692): 3.1yrs, 8 inq.
TU(654): 0.3yrs, 3 inq.
EQ(683): 3.1yrs, 3 inq.
Utilization: 50%

Wall of Shame (recent denials/wish list):

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.