cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday and PRG Approvals- With Backdating!

tag
sean23
Valued Member

Amex Everyday and PRG Approvals- With Backdating!

Been rebuilding for the past 6 months and finally got back in with Amex! Applied for the Everyday card on Friday and was met with instant approval for 1K. Immediately after decided to push my luck a little and see if I could get the PRG Gold with the same hard pull. Hit submit and got the application pending notice.

I checked the application status over the weekend, and decided to call back today and spoke with an analyst to see if there was any information they needed from me. I told the analyst I that I applied and was accepted for the Everyday Card, but received a pending for the PRG. She told me that for security purposes they sometimes will hold multiple applications on the same day to make sure that there is no fraud occuring. She asked if I wouldnt mind waiting while she reviewed my application, she comes back about 3 minutes later and asks what interested me in the PRG. I told her that they offer so many presales for concert tickets that I would like to take advantage of and that the protections they offer on purchases are top notch. She replied that they try to do their best for their customers, and that she was glad to say that I was now a PRG card holder as well. She apologized for the inconvenience of me having to call in to check on the application and that she would be expediting my card to me to make up for it. Smiley Happy She also confirmed that my Membership Date on the Card would reflect my previous Membership Date of 2000. 

Here are my stats when applying"

Fico Experian- 755

Inquiries- 9 

What is reporting on on my Experian Report:

Cap1 Secured $500 Limit- 0 Balance Reporting (Opened Feb. 2014)

Cap1 Quicksilver One$ 500 Limit - 0 Balance Reporting (Opened Feb. 2014)

Discover IT- $277 out of 1k Limit Reporting (Opened April. 2014)

Closed Amex Card $43,000 Limit 0 Balance-  Never Late (Closed in 2009)

After this the only card I want is the Chase Sapphire Preffered, but I will be waiting until early next year to app for that one. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday and PRG Approvals- With Backdating!

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 2 of 10
chris1960
Regular Contributor

Congrats on both approvals

EQ 650 | TU 652 | EX 676 MyFICO SCORES 06/01/2014

Current Cards: NFCU nRewards Visa $25,000 | Citi AAdvantage Visa Sig $7000 | USAA VFW Amex $7,000 | Lowes $5,900 | Chase SWA RR Visa Sig: $5,000 | AMEX BCE $5000 | AMEX PRG NPSL
Message 3 of 10
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

Congrats.  Gotta love that back-dating.  I have two charge and two revolver cards with Amex, all back-dated to 1984.Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 4 of 10
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 5 of 10
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Nice cards! Congrats! 

Message 6 of 10
eddie84
Valued Contributor

One of the perks for owning an Amex card (backdating).  Congrats!

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats to your new Amex(s) Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG Congrats on your new AMEX cards!!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.