Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green Card Pre-Qualify!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Green Card Pre-Qualify!

Just checked again, and still no offers from Amex. I've been doing this at least once a month since early this year and no joy yet even though my EX FICO 8 is now close to 700 (697). I wonder what's holding me back since I've never had a card with them. Oh well - I'll try again later.

Message 21 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked again, and still no offers from Amex. I've been doing this at least once a month since early this year and no joy yet even though my EX FICO 8 is now close to 700 (697). I wonder what's holding me back since I've never had a card with them. Oh well - I'll try again later.

I never had a single offer from Amex.  When FICO8 EX was 710, still no offers.  So I cold apped last month due to encouragement from an FB credit group whose members I trust (real names, real faces, etc) and was instantly approved for $2000 on BCP, which I believe has slightly tougher underwriting standards than some of the non-AF cards.

Just because you don't see offers doesn't mean you'll get denied.  They pulled EX which is my middle score but no derogatories on it at all.  Just a lot of new accounts, inquiries, low AoOA, low AAoA.

Message 22 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I never had a single offer from Amex.  When FICO8 EX was 710, still no offers.  So I cold apped last month due to encouragement from an FB credit group whose members I trust (real names, real faces, etc) and was instantly approved for $2000 on BCP, which I believe has slightly tougher underwriting standards than some of the non-AF cards.

Just because you don't see offers doesn't mean you'll get denied.  They pulled EX which is my middle score but no derogatories on it at all.  Just a lot of new accounts, inquiries, low AoOA, low AAoA.

Noted. However, there IS that 2014 Ch7 BK, so...

Message 23 of 44
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Amex doesn’t seem to be inquiry shy.
I had 9 when I app’d for the PRG.

From my experience and reading. Amex prequalified is very accurate.
Wasn’t prequalified for the BCE or ED. Was declined for those.

Showed prequalified for Delta and PRG.
Was approved for those.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 24 of 44
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

OP, if you want the card and you’ve been preapproved. I’d say your going to get the card.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 25 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

It is the bk.  I know of 2 that were approved with bk under 5 years and the specultion is 1) the bk did NOT show up on credit report 2) they did NOT burn Amex in bk.   Normally it is a long wait for Amex if you have a bk. Sorry. 

Message 26 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @shadowfactor! I just might!

Message 27 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ABCD2199

Yes, in my experience AMEX hides some cards from view.  Like you, until recently I was only preapproved for credit cards but got they "other statement" for charge cards.  Anyway, I applied for the PRG on 11/27 and was denied.  Since then the PRG does not appear in my list of cards.  When I'm not logged it I can see all 19 cards offered by Amex.  When I'm logged in I can only see 13 cards (click Menu/Cards/View All Personal Charge & Credit Cards) Of those 13, cards only one, the Green Card, is a charge card.  But prior to 11/27, 14 cards including the PRG were viewable.  So I'm waiting for 12/27 to see if the PRG reappears and validates the observation that Amex hides some cards.

Edit:  When I copy the PRG link from incognito mode to my signed-in account I get the following:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 12.47.08 PM.png

Message 28 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I pulled the trigger and it was declined!

My reports have only gotten stronger over the past months with EX being my strongest report at 664. Util is at 1%

Message 29 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now here is the strange thing. I received the email saying they finished processing my application and to check the status "click here". So I did, and it doesn't show up! My other apps for the BCE that were all declined over the last months do show up. But not this one.

Should I call?

Message 30 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.