cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Mercedes benz call for instant decision? Why?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Mercedes benz call for instant decision? Why?

So after being approved yesterday for blue cash everyday card with a small $1K limit I decided today to apply for the mercedes Benz credit card (since I own my lovley AMG) I WAS given this decision that I needed to call for instant decision.

Screenshot_2016-05-29-11-46-52_1.jpg

I gave them my top honesty to my income assests and retirement account. I have only one name, one adress, one phone number, one Social Security & DOB, and one employer reported on all three Credit bureaus there should be no frauds I dont understand is this better than denial or same thing anyone with similar issue

33 REPLIES 33
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Mercedes benz call for instant decision? Why?

My first 2 AMEX apps were instant back to back approvals over a year ago. Didn't have to call, same HP.

However my last 2 (in March) weren't instant and they were back to back as well. Each time I got the 7-10 days message and when I called in, I was told they needed to verify. Was approved both times after verification. Same HP also.

I wouldn't worry, just call them. Good luck!

TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 34
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I got that message and was denied some months ago.. They're based in India and very hard to understand...
Message 3 of 34
DoroLucky
Valued Contributor

Lol well I've never applied for the MB card
TCL= $172,800
6-7-16: EQ 683 EX 713 TU 715
10-12-16 EQ 685 EX 706 TU 702 12-19-16 EQ 683 EX 704 TU 701 and CHILLING ON ICE...BRRRRR!
In the garden as of 6-7-16, I've been really really BADDDDD Smiley Sad Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 34
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Last year I did a Green and BCP back-to-back and both were instant-approved.

Fast-forward to last week and I applied for a Delta Gold which was instant-approved, then I went for a PRG which gave me the message "We need you to call". 

I had a bit of a difficult time getting through to them, but once I got to a CSR it was approved.  It appears that recently they've been asking many of us to call in for a second app, even if it's not the same card type (which in the past didn't require a phone call). 

Note that several people have reported that applications for two revolvers still require five days between approvals. (This doesn't apply to the OP in this thread; I'm just sharing for anybody else that it might apply to.)

OP, good luck on your application!  Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 34
thummel
Established Contributor

If you only got approved for 1K from them for your Blue cash card I wouldn't have applied for anything else as your pretty close to a borderline approval. Of course anything can happen but I would be really suprised if you got approved. Best of luck though!
Message 6 of 34
RonM21
Valued Contributor

OP, did you ever call?

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I called and the automated system said that their closed for memorial holiday.
Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thummel this my credit score Screenshot_2016-05-30-11-13-24.png

Message 9 of 34
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

It sounds like verification because of the two apps so close together. If it was a denial 99% they wouldn't ask you to call.
Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.