tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex application in progress

Hello everyone im new to the forum 

But I saw some post before but didnt actually singup Smiley Happy

Ill start to say that english is not my first lenguage 

But ill try to explain to the best possible 

I applied for the Amex green card 3 days ago and the application is still in progress 

Now I did called them to find out if they needed it anything from me 

CSR said they were checking some background information on me to be sure I was the person applying 

and that they would conclude their search in a few days....  does this mean im likely to get approved or maybe denied ?

Currently I have a capitalone card with a limit of 300$ open for about 6 months 

and a credit one card with a limit of 700$ open about 6 months too

never late always on time and no other major flaws on my credit other then new to credit 

Credit card balance show 0 on my reports 

Thank You in advance everyone 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex application in progress

If they were going to deny you they would have done so already.  Let them finish up making sure you are you and you'll likely get the card you applied for.  When they have to stop and look into someone it does take awhile for them to figure things out.

I asked them for a high limit CLI on 3/1 and usually the process goes quickly within 5-7 days.  This time around though it's already day 11 and probably won't see anything on it until Monday or later according to the info I've been given.  

Just give them some time and keep an eye on your mailbox for correspondence from them if they need some docs or something.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the quick reply 

Ill wait for them to finish whatver they need to do Smiley Happy 

Thank you 

Message 3 of 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Sure, you're welcome.  Waiting is hard when we're used to seeing instant results to things these days.  Waiting in the CC world usually means better results rather than an instant approval/denial.  I have to wait several days each time I hit the CLI button on my Discover but it usually pays off with a $6K CLI each time so it's worth waiting for.  Waiting for amex to do my CLI should result in a significant bump as well.  The last one was a $20K bump up.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.