Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex apply from within website

tag
aav
Established Contributor

Amex apply from within website

I have had the amex  gold premier for about a year. Tonight I applied for and was approved for a bcp for $14.5. I am thinking about apping for another card within 24 hours to hopefully get only one hp. While logged in I clicked to see my offers and got this message. Does this mean that amex will use the same credit report if I choose the bcp? I'm a little leery of pulling the trigger. The app is not asking for much other than income. The fine print says they can pull my CR but will they? Any experience with this?

image.jpg

EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
b_diddy
Established Contributor

Re: Amex apply from within website

I applied for my AMEX Costco in the store (one hard pull).  I then applied for PRG and Everyday 3 days later within 30 minutes of each other (2 additional hard pulls).  YMMV

FICO Scores: EX 733 (1/17/15) EQ 761 (1/17/15) TU 750 (1/17/15)

Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 3 of 23
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats on the approval..... my guess is that this will be a HP on EX

Message 4 of 23
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@aav wrote:

I have had the amex  gold premier for about a year. Tonight I applied for and was approved for a bcp for $14.5. I am thinking about apping for another card within 24 hours to hopefully get only one hp. While logged in I clicked to see my offers and got this message. Does this mean that amex will use the same credit report if I choose the bcp? I'm a little leery of pulling the trigger. The app is not asking for much other than income. The fine print says they can pull my CR but will they? Any experience with this?

image.jpg

Good luck.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 5 of 23
aav
Established Contributor

I bit the bullet and applied only to get the message below- no instant decision. My Ex shows one hard pull and a drop of 9 points which is a bit high for one hp. Idk. I'm going to call them later this am.

image.jpg

Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 6 of 23
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@aav wrote:

I bit the bullet and applied only to get the message below- no instant decision. My Ex shows one hard pull and a drop of 9 points which is a bit high for one hp. Idk. I'm going to call them later this am.

image.jpg

Good luck!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 7 of 23
aav
Established Contributor

So I called them this morning about the non-instant decision and they said I had to wait 5 days for the approval, but it should be no problem. I asked if they used the information they had and/or if they would need to pull another credit report. My score already dropped 9 points for the one HP. They said it would 101% be another hp. I don't know if I believe that. I don't want to risk another hp so I may pull the application.. on the other hand, hubby says just let it roll. I will likely be approved.It still nags me that they implied they would use the information they already had.. then they didn't use it and I have to wait 5 days which will likely incur another hp..

Message 8 of 23
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@aav wrote:

So I called them this morning about the non-instant decision and they said I had to wait 5 days for the approval, but it should be no problem. I asked if they used the information they had and/or if they would need to pull another credit report. My score already dropped 9 points for the one HP. They said it would 101% be another hp. I don't know if I believe that. I don't want to risk another hp so I may pull the application.. on the other hand, hubby says just let it roll. I will likely be approved.It still nags me that they implied they would use the information they already had.. then they didn't use it and I have to wait 5 days which will likely incur another hp..

Application is submitted. Cancelling it now most likely won't stop a HP. lol. 

Everyone on myfico is so inquiry conscious. They go away. Y'all acting like HPs are the end of the world. 

Message 9 of 23
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@aav wrote:

By "information they had on file", I think they meant you didn't have to fill out your personal information from scratch, like name, address, social, etc. etc.

Either way, what's done is done, so like your husband said, just let it roll! Good luck

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.