Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex blacklist but prequalified

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex blacklist but prequalified

I burned Amex good back in 2008.  To my shock, I prequalified for a bunch of their cards on their prequalify site which has never happened before. I applied but was denied. Such a tease! I think when they deny you due to blacklist they don't do a hard pull. Let's hope! 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex blacklist but prequalified

If you're on the blacklist, there will be no HP.

Was past relationship the reason given?

Message 2 of 15
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

I hope you're going to recon the denial. And keep us posted on whether or not it's a HP. I also burned them in 2008, but I still can't get any prequal offers. I'm tempted to apply since I know it could possible result in no HP if I'm still blacklisted. 

**FICO 8 Scores EQ EX TU **

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I apped last year with no prequalify and was denied with letter saying based on pst relationship but no hard pull. Haven't gotten the official letter for this denial but I'm sure it's the same. Has anyone ever had luck with recon?
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update- spoke with Amex. Denied due to old charge off. No hard pull.
Message 5 of 15
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Thanks for keeping us updated. Sorry they are still holding the old charge off against you, did you try to recon anyway? 

Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, with the amount I burned them for, I couldn't ask for a second chance with a straight face. If they choose to forgive me down the road that's great but I have no reasonable grounds to ask for it.
Message 7 of 15
LadyJEsq
Established Contributor

Gotcha! Good luck should you decide to app in the future 

Message 8 of 15
drboxing
Established Contributor

Took me about 10 years to get off of Amex blacklist. Recently approved for AMEX Delta Gold.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! It will 10 years in early 2019. I think they might cut people some slack for defaults during the financial crisis. They lost a huge amount of good accounts during that time.
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.