Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex said, " you're approved for Platinum" with 13 yr backdate EDITED

tag
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex said, " you're approved for Platinum"

Congrats on the approval and getting back in the Amex family!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 11 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats, and welcome back!!! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 12 of 16
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@McArthur wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

I'm so shocked that I'm speechless!!!!!!

Just completed an application for the Amex Platinum by phone and was approved. The kicker is that I had an Optima card back in 2000 which was charged off and never paid so I thought I was blacklisted. About 4 months ago I applied for the Zync and they did a HP but I was denied. Based on  what I've read on the site, that likely meant I wasn't blacklisted if they did a HP. 

My score has increased about 30pts since I last applied so maybe that helped. They're express shipping the card and I should have in 2 days. I'm in such shock I'm thinking they will find their mistake and either cancel or not ship the card altogether.

Should I press my luck and ask them to backdate it? I've had many corporate cards with them all paid but having a backdate to 1998 would be nice.

by the way, this is gonna look really nice in my new LV wallet Santa got me for Christmas.

thanks Community!!!!! Smiley Happy

This has been happening a bit lately and I'm kind of wondering what is going on with AmEx.

I figure one or more of the following options:

1.  AmEx has given up on blacklisting or refined the duration;

2.  Their blacklist is broken; and / or

3.  The consent agreement they recently signed with the CFPB, FDIC et. al. has done something.

My brother has been on the blacklist for decades and every year applies twice and always gets declined without a credit pull.  Six weeks ago he applies and ... approved for BCP. 

Now the question is whether they actually treat these folks as true members of the family or as the b'tard step-children. 

I burned Amex in the past and was welcomed back as an Amex Green cardholder, and I know that they were aware of my old, unpaid CO when they approved me. They've been nothing but good to me ever since we reestablished our relationship. They automatically backdated my account and have treated me like a full fledged cardmember in every way.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 16
McArthur
Regular Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@McArthur wrote:

@Aspireto850 wrote:

I'm so shocked that I'm speechless!!!!!!

Just completed an application for the Amex Platinum by phone and was approved. The kicker is that I had an Optima card back in 2000 which was charged off and never paid so I thought I was blacklisted. About 4 months ago I applied for the Zync and they did a HP but I was denied. Based on  what I've read on the site, that likely meant I wasn't blacklisted if they did a HP. 

My score has increased about 30pts since I last applied so maybe that helped. They're express shipping the card and I should have in 2 days. I'm in such shock I'm thinking they will find their mistake and either cancel or not ship the card altogether.

Should I press my luck and ask them to backdate it? I've had many corporate cards with them all paid but having a backdate to 1998 would be nice.

by the way, this is gonna look really nice in my new LV wallet Santa got me for Christmas.

thanks Community!!!!! Smiley Happy

This has been happening a bit lately and I'm kind of wondering what is going on with AmEx.

I figure one or more of the following options:

1.  AmEx has given up on blacklisting or refined the duration;

2.  Their blacklist is broken; and / or

3.  The consent agreement they recently signed with the CFPB, FDIC et. al. has done something.

My brother has been on the blacklist for decades and every year applies twice and always gets declined without a credit pull.  Six weeks ago he applies and ... approved for BCP. 

Now the question is whether they actually treat these folks as true members of the family or as the b'tard step-children. 

I burned Amex in the past and was welcomed back as an Amex Green cardholder, and I know that they were aware of my old, unpaid CO when they approved me. They've been nothing but good to me ever since we reestablished our relationship. They automatically backdated my account and have treated me like a full fledged cardmember in every way.

That's great!

You mean you had a CO, it remaines unpaid, and they gave you a new card, right?  Were you ever blacklisted?  Any idea why they let you back in?

Message 14 of 16
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Yes, I had a Amex card which was CO'ed about 12 years a ago. I've also had several Corporate Amex with no issue. 

I didn't know anything about being blacklisted until I came to this Community back in July so don't know if I was blacklisted but I never applied until now; except for the 5 cop accounts. Not sure why they gave me the card but I'm not gonna look a gift horse in the mouth.

I will be Leary for awhile as I've read they could come back and cancel.

Message 15 of 16
deelove

Re: Amex said, " you're approved for Platinum" with 13 yr backdate EDITED

I was also blacklisted because of a charge off. I was told by a rep that I would never be a member again. My credit has been clean for years, but I was still denied until December. Approved for a Delta Gold in Dec, and 30 days later Gold Premier Rewards. I made a mistake and applied during thefirst week of 2013 and there was no bonus points offered, just one year no fee. The card was rushed to me priority mail, between the few days I applied and I received the card the 25,000 bonus point offer was back but they would not give it to me even though I didn't activate the card yet. It worked out for the best because on the same day I was approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred and need to use that card to meet the $3000 spend requirement for 40,000 points. Amex rep said I could apply again in 90 days to be eligible for a bonus offer. The Platinum is my next card and will complete my wallet. I learned from this forum about applying for multiple cards within a day or two before the credit report is updated. Amex GPR, Chase Shappire Preffered, PenFed Platimun Rewards, and changed Discover More to an IT all in two days. I may be burned out for a while but these four cards are all needed for now. Everything else is closed or will be. I will try for the Platinum in 90 days... If denied I will sit back and wait one year. Thanks for the good info... Keep it coming.

I forgot to mention that I tried to get my Amex backdated, but the rep could not find any of my records. I had a green and platinum years ago and the rep said they could only look back a certain time frame, anything beyond that they could not find the records. The accounts were closed in the late 90's I believe. I will look up my CR and get account numbers and exact dates and try for backdating again. If not, cool... I'm happy to be a member agian. 

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.