cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Diners Club questions. To people who were approved.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another Diners Club questions. To people who were approved.

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

As much as you all hate when we have to merge/move threads, I would suggest reviewing the numerous threads posted in the past few weeks regarding Diners Club.  Most have covered a plethora of information, including CLs, process and denials.

Thanks for understanding.

Lexie

Actually Lexie, I don't hate it Smiley Very Happy  This post/question could have been asked in any of those DC threads floating around IMO.

It'd have been ignored.

No, it would have not.  If the OP would have asked this same question (given his/her situation) just like other folks who expressed interest with similar stats, he would've gotten a response.   Unless you have an axe to grind with the Mods.

I like the thread because it focuses on those with a 6 in front of their score or just cracking a 7.

And I like the threads that are combined with the information that shows the diverisy of the information kept organized, instead of seeing the same question posted on a separate thread for something that was already addressed.

I.E. NASAmania? Smiley Wink

Back on topic.

I wonder if the U/W standards are a little loose right now to meet membership goals for the first Q back in business.

Message 21 of 32
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

The 'professional' CREDIT Card from diners has NO AF

Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JTC403 wrote:

Heard it's not available yet. Smiley Sad

Message 23 of 32
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@JTC403 wrote:

That specific card is no longer issued.  They're currently not taking any applications for any Professional cards - Charge or Credit.

Message 24 of 32
dize
Regular Contributor

Score 707, AAOA slightly under 2 years. Oldest account about 5 years. 14 inquiries total, about a dozen new accounts in the past 6 months. 23% util. Current highest limit 2200.

Approved for 5000.
Message 25 of 32
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Can the people other that the super elite Smiley Embarassedpost what is needed to get card. I'm talking. Average joe. Not the 760 plus show offs Smiley Sad

i saw 1 person with 685 tu get approved. To chicken to pull trigger. As score is ok. Currently. Tu 721. But. AA of A only 6 months. Oldest card 1 year old. Trying to gauge before I waste a HP. Thanks all. 

+1

I might even try it IF they had a No AF version.

What's the true benefit to this card?

The extreme high credit limits. 20k would be nice. Can you say Hawaii. Smiley LOL

Message 26 of 32
taxi818
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

Can the people other that the super elite Smiley Embarassedpost what is needed to get card. I'm talking. Average joe. Not the 760 plus show offs Smiley Sad

i saw 1 person with 685 tu get approved. To chicken to pull trigger. As score is ok. Currently. Tu 721. But. AA of A only 6 months. Oldest card 1 year old. Trying to gauge before I waste a HP. Thanks all. 

What's up with that "show off" reference?  A lot of people take pride in having decent scores for better things they want in life.  Just becasue you haven't got there doesn't mean other people are necessarily "showing off".  Folks work hard to get there.  If you're jealous about someone's achievement, that's on you.  But it doesn't mean you will not achieve the same.

No offense, but why don't you pull the triger.  There's plenty of other folks who have taken the plunge even if they don't get approved.  Just like you tried for the AMEX cards not long ago... what gives?

Joke fin if you one has 760. It's truely hard work. No doubt. 

Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

What's up with that "show off" reference?  A lot of people take pride in having decent scores for better things they want in life.  Just becasue you haven't got there doesn't mean other people are necessarily "showing off".  Folks work hard to get there.  If you're jealous about someone's achievement, that's on you.  But it doesn't mean you will not achieve the same.

No offense, but why don't you pull the triger.  There's plenty of other folks who have taken the plunge even if they don't get approved.  Just like you tried for the AMEX cards not long ago... what gives?

It's only hard work if you know what you're doing to get there.

Some people just have 760+ credit because they have a stable job and always repay what few obligations they have without failure. My mother is an example of this, If she didn't have a Discover card, she wouldn't know her credit score as she doesn't really pay any mind to it. It's excellent because it's excellent, and that's just it. Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 32
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

It's only hard work if you know what you're doing to get there.

Some people just have 760+ credit because they have a stable job and always repay what few obligations they have without failure. My mother is an example of this, If she didn't have a Discover card, she wouldn't know her credit score as she doesn't really pay any mind to it. It's excellent because it's excellent, and that's just it. Smiley Tongue

True Nixon. As you stated before. And I just read thread today. I was looking if anyone had scores in 600s and lower 700s. Now I saw a person with like 650. Lots of inquiries. Just wanted to know as I'm not apping. Until after cli with amex. I hope all the 760s don't take all the money with high limits. That's why I mentioned them. No insult as they are always teaching me things for sure. I have 1 paid collection. Brighthouse. Almost 5 years old. Wonder where I climb after it's gone. Been goodwilling. No luck yet. 

Message 29 of 32
Vegasr
Regular Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

No expert at all but I'd think you'd have a very good chance of getting approved. I'm tempted to app myself, only reason I havn't yet is the AF. The only way you're going to find out for sure is to go ahead and apply, so go for it.

Embarrassing amount of credit cards
AoOA: 25yrs
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.